Search for content in message boards

Susan/Fanny in Missouri

Susan/Fanny in Missouri

Posted: 14 May 2002 4:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KIDD, KEY, COLE
Looking for anyone that has information on the Kidd family living in Marion County, Missouri in the mid 1800s. They were in Hannibal. I believe the father was William and two of the children were Susan E. and Fanny. Susan E. married a James R. Key and had several children. Fanny married a Frank Cole and had at least one child named Owen. This is about all I know at this point. (going back-have a lot coming forward). Thank for your help. Lea Bailey (surfermommie@aol.com)

Re: Susan/Fanny in Missouri

linda baughn (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 5:07PM GMT
Surnames: Kidd/Bailey
lea,
I don't know anything about the kidd family that your looking for. Although; I am a decentant of the kidd family. I also am a decentant of the Bailey family. They came out of Bailey switch KY. My Kidd roots also out of KY. How odd!! Where are you From?
linda

Posted: 15 May 2002 5:27PM GMT
Surnames: KIDD, BAILEY, BRUTON
My husband has been kind of all over. I think the majority of his family has been in Texas and Oklahoma. His dad lives in Michigan. I'm in Texas. His Baileys on his grandmothers side were Brutons from TX and OK. That's as far back as we've gotten it so far. He does not know what his great grandmother's (on his grandfather's side) maiden name was.
I believe his grandma's father's name was Clarence Bruton, son of Granville who may have been the son of Green Jay Bruton. I know his great grandfather was some kind of marshall in Kiowa County, Oklahoma. Know any of these folks? The KIDD family I'm looking for I have not really tried to trace back past about 1870 yet. I do believe there was another child in the house with Fanny and Susan though. It was Jane. She was 12 at the time. Their mother's name was Sarah E., born in Maryland.(according to the census) William R. KIDD was born in New Jersey, while all of the children were born in Missouri. That's about all I know at this point. Thanks for responding. Lea Bailey (surfermommie@aol.com)

Re: Green Bruton

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Bruton
Ran across Green J. Bruton during my own Bruton search. I can't connect to him, but thought I'd tell you what I know about him. He is on the 1850 Johnson Co, AR census, Spadra Twp p. 162. I assume he is living with (his parents?) John Bruton b. @ 1793 SC and Ann (Wilson?) b. @ 1797 TN. Also on the census is Caswell (Dr.) b. @ 1821 AL, Malinda S. b. @ 1827, Rebecca J. b @ 1832 AR and Green J. b. @ 1834. Pope County marriage records show Green J. Bruton married Ann Reynolds 2 Oct 1853. Little Rock city directories show Ann, widow of Green, living outside the city until about 1898. I'm looking for a Bruton that fathered 2 children in Sebastian County in 1853 & 1856 and is not listed with the mother, Mary Bruton, on the 1860 census.

Re: Green Bruton

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 2:00AM GMT
Thanks so much for the info. I'll talk to my husband and see what all he knows. Thanks. Lea Bailey

Posted: 11 Sep 2002 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Kidd,Hattley, Younka, Edwards, Kiley Kansas and Missouri,Texas, Oklahoma, ohio and more.
I was informed that my maternal great-grandmother escaped the INDIAN RESERVATION BY DRESSING HER FOUR BOYS LIKE GIRLS WITH DRESSES, PETTICOATS, ECT.., AND SHE WAS BEING HUNTED FOR AFTERWARDS, SHE ESCAPED WITH THEM 4 SONS, ORVEL T/JAMES RALEIGH,CHESTER, AND EDWARD?,I BELIEVE , AND HER SECOND HUSBAND (CHEROKEE, NAMED THOMAS C. HATTLEY (FORMERLY "HEART-N-HAND, OR HAT-N-HAND, HIS NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN NAME), HER FIRST HUSBAND, IN

YORK, PENNSYVANIA, WAS TO A JOHN L??? KIDD JR. OR SR.????, I'M NOT FOR SURE WHICH, THEY WERE IN NEW YORK, BEFORE THAT , I THINK?? HER MOTHER'S NAME WAS "LITTLE FLOWER YOUNKA (IRENE YOUNKA?), OR EITHER HER MOTHER MARR. A JOHN KIDD JR.OR SR.????

HOWEVER, I DO BELIEVE IT WAS HER (M Y MATERNAL GREAT GRANDMA'S FIRST HUSBAND: JOHN KIDD JR OR SR.///?????

Please let me know if there is any connection there. Thank you and Good Luck. God Bless You

LittleRainbow/Baby Wanda
Debra Edwards
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions