Search for content in message boards

Wilsons of Armagh, Monahan

Wilsons of Armagh, Monahan

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 8:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Dec 2012 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson Warrington Warmington
Looking for more info. on John Wilson b. c1845 d.25 Feb 1920 in Glasgow(Barnhill Poorhouse), m. Agnes Warrington or Warmington 1863 in Castleblayney. Children: Unknown daughter 1864, Margaret 1866,William 1868,Jane 1870,Agnes 1872,Susanna presumably Wilson 1874,David 1875,George 1877 and Samuel 1879.
Anyone who knows of this family or has info. please respond.
Thank you in advance,
Gordon Wilson

Re: Wilsons of Armagh, Monahan

Posted: 31 May 2012 4:46PM GMT
Wondering if you are doing any research on the Wilsons of Armagh who immigrated to NZ, VT and BC. Sharon

Posted: 31 May 2012 4:51PM GMT
Nothing specific to those locations.
Some of my Wilsons headed to the States, some to Australia. Most of my Wilsons went to Scotland
However, when a thread arises I try to follow.
Gordon

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Maxwell, Hall, Atkinson, Brady, McAskill, Bennett, Martin, MacDonald, Young, MacLean, Irwin, Montgomery, Findlay, Morrison, Gall, May, Annesley, Proulx, Hurly, Simons
I have Wilson's from Armagh who immigrated to Quebec, Canada (1821) and some of the family moved to Vermont. Here's some history: John Wilson b.? and Ann Maxwell b. County Monaghan in 1801 to William & Anne Maxwell. They had a son, James Wilson, baptized May 12, 1821 (Church of Ireland). They boarded a ship for Canada in 1821. Attended the Church of England in Canada (Anglican). In 1824 Ann Married Francis Hall in Sherbrooke, QC; not 100% sure what happened to John. James Wilson married Jane Atkinson circa 1843; they raised a family in Gould, (Drummondville) Compton County, QC.

Surnames from the family in this region: Wilson, Maxwell, Hall, Atkinson, Brady, McAskill, Bennett, Martin, MacDonald, Young, MacLean, Irwin, Montgomery, Findlay, Morrison, Gall, May, Annesley, Proulx, Hurly, Simons

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 6:56PM GMT
In the 1824 marriage record for Ann and Francis, she is noted as a widow and he as a widower. Both were able to sign their own names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions