Search for content in message boards

Alexander Stewart 1635-1731

Alexander Stewart 1635-1731

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 6:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart
Could any one help me.I'm trying to find where Alexander Stewart was born.I have found information of him being born in Scotland and also Ireland.If any one could help me I would like to hear from you.
Regards
Sue

Re: Alexander Stewart 1635-1731

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 3:37PM GMT
Sue,
You need to provide more info. When and where Alex was born and anything else you can add i.e. parents and or sibling names, where they may have lived other than just Scotland or Ireland if you know this. There are a multitude of Alexander Stewarts out there. I have some in my tree.
So providing as much info as possible will perhaps help someone help you in your search.
Ken Stewart

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Haegele, Johnson, Vaughn, Jackson, Wise, Spires
Hi Sue,
If you could give more information about "your" Alexanders's lineage, that would be a great help. I have four Alexander Stewarts in my tree, two born in Scotland and two born in Illinois! Will be glad to try and help!
Take care,
Ginger Vaughn Spires

Posted: 11 Sep 2013 2:22AM GMT
Hi Ken
My Alexander Stewart 1635-1731 parents were Duncan Stewart1595-1655 and Helen Campbell 1605-1660.He was married to Hannah Templer.Thank you for replying.
Regards
Susan

Posted: 11 Sep 2013 2:27AM GMT
Hi Ginger
Thank you for taking your time to answer my e-mail.Alexander Stewart's parents were Duncan Stewart 1595-1655 and Helen Campbell1605-1660 and he married a Hannah Templar.I have information he immgrated to America.
Regards
Sue

Posted: 1 Mar 2015 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Burgess, Whitehead
I am having trouble sorting out the mystery of Alexander. I have his father as James 4th Earl of Moray. The birth dates for a couple of Alexanders are the same. Many family trees I have search also show him as the son of James. Others say he was of the Stewarts of Appin. Does anyone know the difference?

Posted: 2 Mar 2015 9:32AM GMT
Alexander, the 5th Earl of Moray, was born in 1634 but died in 1701, so not the Alexander in the original message of the years 1635-1731. The Stewarts of Appin were descendants of Alexander, the 4th High Steward of Scotland. There most likely were other Alexanders within the Appin Clan but the 4th High Steward is the one you hear most about.

The original Alexander inquiry in the 1st post...it seems that Alexander was most likely born in Appin Scotland and died in Marlboro Massachusetts. His parents are named by many to be Alexander and Helen Campbell but I have them having only a single child, Duncan. The Alexander who married Hannah Templar seems to be the son of a Daniel Stewart but Daniel wasn't a common Stewart name in Scotland. So I think over the years there has been a mixing of information here among Alexander Stewart, Helen Campbell, their parents and birthplaces. I am only finding family trees with their information and nothing from reliable sources such as birth records, marriage records, etc. that would indicate who is who. Susan do you have any definitive information on Alexander from records other than family trees that we can begin research from? If we can pinpoint that down, it would be helpful as the only things I find are from unreliable sources and one set says Alexander given the years you state was born in Ireland or Scotland and moved to Mass and another set saying he was born in Mass and died there...both sets married to Hannah Templar but all sorts of options for various parents.

Posted: 6 Mar 2015 1:05AM GMT
not sure if you have this info or not but i did a google search here is the addy
https://www.google.com/search?q=Alexander+Stewart+1635-1731+...

you will need to copy and paste into address line
per page

Find a board about a specific topic