Search for content in message boards

CREATE A RELATIONSHIP BTWN TWO PEOPLE IN TREE

CREATE A RELATIONSHIP BTWN TWO PEOPLE IN TREE

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 7:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MURPHY SHIELDS
I HAVE MERGED A TREE CREATED BY MY WIFE RESEARCHING HER SIDE OF OUR ANCESTRAL TREE WITH ONE CREATED BY ME ABOUT MY SIDE OF THE ANCESTERS. CURRENTLY MY PERSONAL ENTRY HAS NO FATHER-SON RELATIONSHIP. I HAVE TRIED TO ENTER THAT RELATIONSHIP IN EVERY WAY I CAN BUT I ALWAYS END UP ADDING AN ADDITIONAL PERSON IN THE TREE FOR EITHER MY FATHER OR ME.
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?

Re: CREATE A RELATIONSHIP BTWN TWO PEOPLE IN TREE

Posted: 18 Jul 2013 9:18PM GMT
In the People View, click on Person in the command line, not the Person tab. Then Attach Person, pick the relationship (Attach Father, Attach Mother, etc) and a list of people will be displayed. Highlight the person you want to attach and then click OK.

This is for FTM2012; 2010 and 2011 work the same way if I remember correctly.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 2:41AM GMT
Good advice from tulrose. What was left out? For God's sake stop shouting!

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 9:43PM GMT
I will add one point.

If you find you have added duplicate people one record with the parents and one with the children you can merge the two records to fix the problem.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 10:56PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2013 10:57PM GMT
To the original poster: If you are new to online forums, you should post in the standard format for capital and small letters. You should use capital letters as you were taught in elementary school.

All small or capital letters make it difficult to read the information you post.

Netiquette considers a message in all capital letters to be shouting, hence the previous poster comments.

Posted: 3 Aug 2013 4:34PM GMT
Just to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, many visually challenged people tend to type in all caps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic