Search for content in message boards

PEDRESEN family

PEDRESEN family

Posted: 2 Nov 2006 3:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking a lot of information on my family, the Pedersens. My grandfather, Walter John Moody Pedersen, had a brother Magnus, a sister Violet who married a Golden, a sister Maggie who married a Encarnacion, and another sister. From a couple of these threads, I gather that Violet married a Louis and had a child Morty. I'm looking to find more about my Great Aunts' family, as well as more about their dad Peder Pedersen. Any help is appreciated.

Re: PEDRESEN family

Karl W. Frederiksen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2006 7:41AM GMT
Hi Eric,

'Aunt Vi' and 'Papa Lou' had 10 children. Those still around are: 'Morty' (Arnold Mortimer), Edwin ('Chicken'), Louis ('Junie'), Mario and James ('Jimmie'); those who have passed on are: Marie (died as a young child); Edna, Johnny, George and Olga. Also, Maggie married an Espinosa (not Encarnacion).

I did some research on Aunt Vi's maternal family recently-- KRIGGER/WHITEHEAD/LEIDESDORFF/CHRISTIAN/GORDON, some of which I've shared with Morty already and some other that I promised him and am way behind on.

I have been unable to locate anything on her father's side (Peder Pedersen). In my search of the Danish Demographic Database census transcriptions for Copenhagen alone, there were 693 persons with the surname 'PEDERSEN' having Peder/Peter as their 1st or 2nd given names.

I'm not sure where in Denmark Peder was born, but it would be helpful in we knew that and/or any other corroborative information such as parents' or siblings' given names. The 1911 St. Croix census record transcription shows that he was born around 1882 and that he came to STX in 1904 (which may or may not be accurate). If you have any other information on Peder PEDERSEN that might help in identifying his lineage, I'll be happy to help you. I'll check with Morty, also.

Did your grandfather and Aunt Vi have the same mother? And, was he related to the MUDIEs of STX and Scotland? (I noticed the use of 'Moody' as a given name.) There is quite a bit of information on the MUDIEs that has been published in two small volumes that are still available in bookstores-- I have them in my collection.

E-mail me with your phone # and I'll give you a call and see what we can find.

In talking with my sister yesterday, she reminisced that your father attended Aunt Vi in her final days in 1989. My sister also remembered your grandfather living a few doors away from Aunt Vi on Company Street in Christiansted.

Aunt Vi died on November 24, (Thanksgiving Day) 1989 as the result of injuries sustained in the aftermath of Hurricane Hugo; she was a great lady, mother, cook, friend and very faithful member of the Catholic Church.

Re: Pneumonia after Hugo

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2006 11:29PM GMT
Interesting coincidence as my Annetta Brewster Gereau my grandmother died the same way.

Re: Pneumonia after Hugo

Karl W. Frederiksen (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2006 12:39AM GMT
Hi Richard,

It's been a long time since I've seen anything from you on this site. Glad to see you're still active on the site.

It seems that the aftermath of hurricanes are just as devastating as the hurricanes, themselves. Aunt Vi died of complications from a broken hip, which I'm sure included pneumonia.

Karl

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 12:57AM GMT
When I found this website, I asked my father who called his mother to find out more information. He mentioned most of Violet's children, but not all of them. My grandfather, Walter, did have a different mother than Violet. His mother was Muriel Mudie. My grandfather had seven kids: Linda, Walter, Warren, Rodney ('Mike'), Debra ('Debbie'), Eulalie ('Shelley'), and Conrad ('Randy'). With my father, Randy, being the youngest of the seven, he's met a lot of these people...but can't remember how they were all related.

I'm emailing you my phone number shortly following this message.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Mudie, Pedersen
My maternal grandmother was Ena M. Pedersen, the youngest of 4 born to Muriel Mudie and Peder Pedersen: Walter, Beatrice and Christian Magnus being the others. My great aunt Bea is still alive, and living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Uncle Mag passed away there only just last year, and my grandmother as well, in 1992. Recently, when I started poking around my roots, I was told by Ena's youngest daughter, my Aunt Joycie, that grandma had 2 half-sisters, Violet and Margrethe, still living in St Croix, in addition to Walter. My aunt thought that they were her grandmother Muriel's children, however in all my research I was only ever able to find a Violet and Margrethe PEDERSEN, not Mudie. I thought that maybe it was posssible due to ggmother having been married a first time so a different unknown last name, but suspected that it was more likely they were Peder's instead. I believe you have verified that. I would love to speak with you, please email me at vegasgem@hotmail.com or kjbw75@gmail.com. Thank you, Kristi Webber

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 10:00PM GMT
Also, check out my family tree on ancestry.com: KRISTI BROWN FAMILY TREE

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 8:35PM GMT
The 2 children you refer to are Violet Pedersen (Mrs. Louis) Golden and Margaret aka Maggie Espinosa; their mother was Miriam Krigger Pedersen. Violet was my godmother, born May 1913 and died November 24, 1989; when their mother died, the 2 girls would stay at the home of my grandmother, Vivienne "Miss Vivy" Eagan Brown Frederiksen during the week, so they could attend school and they would spend the weekends with their father, who was the lighthouse keeper at Hams Bluff. Aunt Vi and my father and his siblings were pretty much raised together; when my parents married, my late mother, Enid Sylvia Hansen and Aunt Vi became the very best of friends till Aunt Vi's death.

The Golden family lived next door to and were very close life-long friends of the Brown-Frederiksen family who lived at Durant's Tower/Castle. This may have been how Aunt Vi and Papa Lou met and married, but I don't know this for sure; Papa Lou was considerably older that Aunt Vi, having been born in 1890. Papa Lou, who was also my godfather had attended the private school of my great-grandfather, Rev. Alfred Constantine Brown.

I never knew much about Maggie. Aunt Vi and Papa Lou's grandfather, Ann Golden is active on Face Book. Ann's father, Arnold Mortimer "Morty" who died within the past year, had done some extensive research on the Golden family and I gave him an assist with the Krigger/Liedesdorff families. Never knew much about Maggie.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:00AM GMT
Surnames: PEDRESEN PEDERSEN
I'm not from this family but am posting with the correct spelling so that in future, folks can find this thread.

Happy hunting, all.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic