Search for content in message boards

Peter PETERSEN Obituary d. June 30, 1937

Peter PETERSEN Obituary d. June 30, 1937

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 2:31AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: PETERSEN, LARSEN, PETERS, RUSSELL, ROBERTSON, BOURNE, HOUTS, SCHMIDT, RHAMEY, WICKLUND, BEADLES
P. PETERSEN, 80, Jump River, Died Wednesday

Peter PETERSEN, 80, Jump River, died Wednesday at 8:30 p. m. Mr. PETERSEN was born September 2, 1856, in Denmark. He had been farming in the vicinity of Jump River since 1920. Funeral arrangements had not been completed this morning. An obituary will be published in the Star News next week.

Taylor County Star News, Medford, Taylor County, Wisconsin, Thursday, July 1, 1937.

P. PETERSEN, Jump River, Services Held July 3

Funeral services for Peter PETERSEN, 80, Jump River, who died at his home June 30, after an illness of three years’ duration, were held July 3 at 1:30 p. m. at the home and at 2 p. m. at the ladies’ aid hall at Jump River. The Rev. Mr. SCHMIDT of Wausau officiated.

Interment was at the Mount Nebo cemetery. Pallbearers were Z. A. BOURNE, E. E. HOUTS, August SCHMIDT, Ed. RHAMEY, Wm. WICKLUND and Z. A. BEADLES.

Mr. PETERSEN was born in Denmark Sept. 2, 1856. He came to the United States when a young man and settled in Chicago. He married Miss Elizabeth LARSEN Sept. 15, 1883, and the couple came to Taylor county where they engaged in farming.

The PETERSENS observed their golden wedding anniversary in 1933.

Mr. PETERSEN leaves his wife and nine children; Louis of Big Timber, Montana; Peter of McCook, Nebraska; Edward of Minneapolis, Minn.; John and Andrew of North Platte, Nebraska; Mrs. Mary PETERS of Grand Island, Nebraska; Otto of Pensacola, Florida; and Emanuel and Mrs. Inga RUSSELL of Jump River. The eldest daughter, Minnie, died many years ago.

Out of town relatives and friends present at the funeral were: Mr. and Mrs. John PETERSEN, daughter Frances and Andrew PETERSEN of North Platte, Nebraska; Mr. and Mrs. E. J. PETERS and daughter Maxine of Grand Island, Nebraska; Edward PETERSEN and Arnold ROBERTSON of Minneapolis, Minn.; and several friends from Wausau and Withee.

Taylor County Star News, Medford, Taylor County, Wisconsin, Thursday, July 8, 1937.

Transcriber’s note: I am not related to this family. Information posted as a favor to fellow genealogists.

Re: Peter PETERSEN Obituary d. June 30, 1937

Posted: 11 Oct 2007 11:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rhamey/Rhamy/Remy, Beadles, Decker, Gilmore, Wheeler
I am Scott Rhamey son of William E Rhamey. We lived in rural Jump River from '53 to mid-'68, just a mile or two from Emanuel and Emily Peterson. My father, Wm (Bill) Rhamey passed away in February of 1968. This obit brought back a flash of memories of the Jump River area. Two of the pallbearers were my grandfathers. Edwin Dickenson Rhamey and Zenas Allen Beadles. And I have fond memories of the Z. A. Bourne and August Schmidt families. I have printed this message and will give a copy to my mother Edith (Eileen) Beadles - Rhamey. Thank you, SR

Posted: 19 Oct 2007 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: Petersen, Russell
Peter Petersen Sr. is my great grandfather. Edwin and Inga Russell were my grandparents. I know that my family speaks often of Mr. Beadles. I would like to learn more about my aunt and uncle Emanuel and Emily Petersen.

Posted: 1 May 2008 3:43PM GMT
Hello, my name is Emily Paige Petersen. I am from Mobile, AL. My father is Harry F. Petersen of Pensacola, Florida. I read the obt and saw a Mr. Otto Petersen from Pensacola. I am trying to find out if we have relatives in other parts of the country. I currently reside in San Diego, CA were I am serving in the U.S. Navy. I have only met one other person who spells their last name like mine and he was from Des Moines, IA. We believe we are no relation but are unsure. If you have any information that may be helpful it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Emily

Posted: 14 May 2008 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Petersen
I am familiar with Peter and Elise Petersen. Otto Petersen is their son (one of 7 sons and 2 daughters). I have information that may be of interest to you including photos. Please e-mail me directly @ beedazzled@yahoo.com

Allen (Deuane) Beadles Obituary - Jump River WI

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Beadles, Medina, Dohm, Roback, Mahoney, Harshberger, Wildenber, Johnston, Larson, Wheeler
Allen Beadles Feb 9, 1928 to March 27, 2011

nickname (Deuane)
Allen Deuane Beadles, age 83, of the Town of Jump River, passed away on March 27, 2011 at his home. Deuane was born on February 9, 1928 in Jump River, Wis., the son of the late Zenas and Edith May (Wheeler) Beadles, fifth in a family of 10. He attended Woodland Elementary School, five miles east of Jump River, and graduated from Hannibal High School in 1946. He then went to trade school in Minneapolis, Minn., and worked at the Honeywell Company for a few years.
On March 5, 1950, he was united in marriage to Louise Larson in Princeton, Minn. A few years later they purchased a farm and moved back to Jump River where Deuane farmed and worked in the woods. He spent his entire adult life doing community service for Jump River and Taylor County. He served on numerous boards, committees and organizations including the Gilman School Board, as supervisor and chairman for the Town of Jump River and Taylor County Board of Supervisors, the Federated Insurance Board, Supplemental Financing Bank Board, the Jump River Electric Cooperative Board, Dairyland Electric Cooperative Board of Directors, and was the past president for the Wisconsin Electric Cooperative in Madison, was on the Northwest Regional Planning Commission, Rural Housing Commission and the CFC during its infancy and growth years in Washington, D.C. Allen also was a member of the Miller Dam Lake Association, Jump River Community Center, Jump River Lions and Fire Department, and was one of those instrumental in starting the Jump River Fire Department and Gilman Ambulance. He also served on many committees and organizations through the years too numerous to mention. Deuane loved his family and friends very much and was a friend to all and helped anyone in any way he could, and in his spare time loved to go fishing and hunting.
Deuane is survived by his children, Gary (Christine) Beadles of Jump River, Laurie (Senon) Medina of Houston, Texas, Bruce (Leah Blando) Beadles of Jump River, Lynn (Bill) Dohm of Stetsonville; his former wife, Louise Beadles; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; brother, Clarence Ray (Betty) Beadles of Minneapolis; sisters, Edith Eileen Roback of Gilman, Elna Arleen Mahoney of Burlington, Norma Jean Harshberger of Minneapolis; special friend, Carol Wildenberg; sister-in-law, Martha Johnston of Stoughton; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Miniard Lee, Marvin Louis, Donald Thomas and in infancy, Harmon Leroy and Zenas Gerald.
A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 2 p.m. at the Jump River Community Center with Pastor Luke Geraty officiating. Friends and family may call from noon until time of service at the community center. Interment of cremains will follow in the Mount Nebo Cemetery, Jump River.

additional note: Mr. Beadles was a lifelong friend of my Grandparents Edwin and Inga Russell and he knew their children as well. I am not a relative of the Beadles Family.

Re: Allen (Deuane) Beadles Obituary - Jump River WI

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 10:06PM GMT
My Love and Prayers to all! I knew Mr. B throughout College.
His daughter Laurie was a dear friend. I am so sorry for your loss he was a very Sweet Man.
Sandie George
Pearland Tx

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Petersen, Peterson
Peter Petersen Sr was my great-grandfather as well! Andrew was my Grandfather and Kenneth my father.

Small world!

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 1:24AM GMT
Your Father is my 1st Cousin. My Dad was Otto. I may have met you at one time on a visit to North Platte. I talked to Kenneth several years ago by telephone, hope he is still ok.
I am 80 now. yes its a small world. I have not talked to Francis in NP lately but will give her a call tomorrow. Don't know her status. I was very small but did meet Grandad in
1936 on a trip to Jump River, we lived in Pensacola. I did go to Grandma's funeral. I have info about the Family indluding a copy of Grandpa's Citizenship Papers.

Posted: 4 Mar 2012 1:49AM GMT
I guess I should check in more often! Ken is doing just fine for being 92. I try to visit at least once per year (I live in western New York).

Yes, we probably met in North Platte, except I was probably waay too young to remember.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic