Search for content in message boards

David family from Louisiana

David family from Louisiana

Posted: 22 Apr 2006 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: David
Are there any members of the David family who visit this web site? I would love to hear from you. This family mostly reside in the Louisiana Parishes of Lafayette, Vemilion, Iberia, St. Martin and Lafayette. I have been working on the family tree now for a good number of years and still need to hear from family members who may have information I do not have. Please let me hear from you. Cecile D. Hebert

Re: David family from Louisiana

Bernice (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2006 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2009 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: David, Manuel, O'Brien
My mother was a David from Eunice, La. Her name was Justa David Manuel. Her father was Arthur David. He was the son of Octave David and Mollie O'Brien. Arthur David was born on Oct 15, 1871.

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 3:53AM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2009 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: david, domingue, comeaux, foreman
My name is Wendell David and I was born and raised in Welsh, Louisiana (Jeff Davis Parish). My father is Chester David (born 1924). My grandfather was Oda David (born circa 1888). My great-grandfather was Francois David (year of birth unknown to me). My father was born in Jeff Davis Parish; I think his father was born in Acadia Parish. I have no idea where my great-grandfather was born. Chester David was married to my mother, Theresa Domingue (born 1926 in Lafayette Parish) until her death in 2007. I have a sister, Deanna (Daigle), and a brother, Steven. Oda David was married to Olivia Comeaux (born circa 1887), and they had four other children in addition to my father--Evel (Hebert), Frank, Mabel(Derouen), and Rena (Cation). Francois David was married to Susan Foreman (year of birth unknown to me); I don't know the names of any of their children except my grandfather, Oda. I think I remember hearing that Oda was one of sixteen children. I hope this info helps you in some way. I know where my grandparents and great-grandparents are buried, so I could get exact dates of their births from their tombstones if you'd like. Also, my father is alive and of sound mind, so I could get from him the names of at least some of his father's brothers and sisters if you'd like. Just let me know if I can help in any way.

Posted: 9 Jan 2010 1:57AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2010 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: thibodeaux, david
My great-grandfather, Louis Thibodeaux's mother was Katherine David. Louis Thibodeaux was born in about 1857, probably in St. Landry Parish. I am trying to find out more about his origins. His father was probably Sylvestre Thibodeaux from the Grand Coteau-Bellveue area.

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 1:27AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2010 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: david
IAM LOOKING FOR CONNECTION TO KENTUCKY DAVIDS FROM LA. WAS TOLD BY MY FATHER WHO WAS TOLD BY HIS FATHER MOST LIKLY PAST DOWN THAT THE DAVIDS WERE KICKED OUT OF CANADA AN LANDED IN LOUISIANA HAVE PLENTY OF INFO ON KENTUCKY DAVIDS BUT CAN NOT FIND THE CONNECTION TO LOUISIANA

Posted: 11 Mar 2010 10:16PM GMT
my grandfather was Mondarie David who lived in pointe coupee parish i think he was born around 1870. I have no other info but would love any info anyone could send me.
thanks
daliy52@hotmail.com

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: David, Foreman
My great grandmother was Odilia David. Her father was Francois Theophile David born Nov 20, 1841 in New Iberia, LA and died March 23, 1922 in Lacassine, LA; her mother was Susan Foreman, born Oct 24, 1849; and died Aug 17, 1919 in Lacassine. Both are buried in Derouen cemetary in Hayes, LA. I haven't found much information on Susan's birth date, place or parentage. If anyone can help with this information, it would be much appreciated.

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 3:56AM GMT
To Wendell: Some of Francois and Susan David's other children were: Abraham, Homer (or Omer), Olivier, Odilia, Eva, Simonet, Adam, and Adelia

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 7:06PM GMT
saw your posting im also looking to know more about the David family tree...... my grandfather was also from the same perish ...name is cliffe/Clifford David son of Julia and Joseph David from louisiana

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 9:04PM GMT
Hello, my name is Lionel David from Church Point LA. The parrish was originally St. Landry and latter changed to the current parrish of Acadia. I have a lot of information that has been passed to down to me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions