Search for content in message boards

finding the orgin of my grat grand mother

finding the orgin of my grat grand mother

Posted: 9 Jul 2004 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jul 2004 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Tequemi
Is there any one that may can help me. I can not seem to find my Great Grandmother's ancestory. Her name was Talthia Tequemi she was married to Levi Thomas Mercer. My grand mother's dad and mom. Also I am tryin to find my grandpa's ancestory with no luck his name was Junie Eugene Hines Jr. His dad's name was James Carlton Hines and his mom's was Charity Shurlan. Any help would be appreciated very much. Thank You June

Re: finding the orgin of my grat grand mother

Posted: 17 May 2006 9:40PM GMT
Hi June... I finally found some info about Talitha.
Her last name is Smith!!! So, her full name is Talitha Taquemi Smith; born 11/15/1856;died 11/1936 in Donovan, Ga. That's all I have for now. Just wanted to let you know.
Joyce

June (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2006 7:22PM GMT
Thank you so much. If you find any thing else please let me know. Again Thanx.
June

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Beecham, Hines, Smith, Mercer
June,

Talthia Tequemi McNeil Smith was also my great-great grandmother! My great grandmother was Lily Belle Hines (Mercer), spouse of Junie B. Hines. Their daughter Jessie was my grandmother who married my grandfather Lewis Layson Beecham. I would love to hear more about your family connection. My family tree on ancestry.com is under Elliott. Thanks, Judy Elliott Shipman originally from florida!

Posted: 15 Mar 2012 4:53AM GMT
Hi Judy, I am Joyce (Hines) Smith. My Daddy is your grandmother's (Jessie) brother. I'm assuming you are Pat's daughter.
Anyway, this is what I have finally found out regarding Talitha. Sarah Jane Shepard married Thomas Smith and they had Talitha. Thomas died and Sarah married John McNeal. On the census record I found it lists John, Sarah, Talitha, and
James McNeal. It notes James( age3) as son, but does not list Talitha (age 14) as daughter. It looks like Talitha used her stepdad's last name until she marries Levi Thomas Mercer, then used her legal last name (Smith). Hope this helps. I am on Ancestry under Hines/Colvin.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic