Search for content in message boards

printerproblems

printerproblems

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 5:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
I hope you in the 2014 version will solve al the printer problems in FTM20122.

I have still not ben able to print reports on A4 paper.

Re: printerproblems

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 7:39AM GMT
FTM 2012 prints fine on A4 paper

It would help if you advised what printer that you are using

Most printers allow you to change the paper sizes through their printer options

John D

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 8:43AM GMT
I have asked, asked and asked and you have not been able to solve the problem.

I must conclude there is a bug in the program.

See printing incident 121023-001360 and 130319-001695 among others.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 8:47AM GMT
From the board information box (top right):
This board is for peer-to-peer support (meaning you will not get technical support from the manufacturer) concerning usage of the genealogical software Family Tree Maker.

As other users of the software, not tech support, we have no knowledge of your support requests.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 11:11AM GMT
BurgessDonnelly Comment

"This board is for peer-to-peer support (meaning you will not get technical support from the manufacturer) concerning usage of the genealogical software Family Tree Maker"

Burgess, lighten up a little, a lot of people put their suggestions here - Witness the FTM 2014 "Wish List" Thread [And if you search this Board you can probably find hundreds if not thousands of suggestions/bugs posted here]

Also, the Development group does indicate they read the suggestions here - Again, witness the recent Duff Wilson comments on this Board about reading the suggestions

However, I do agree with your basic concept to send suggestions to the Ddevelopment Group

If it were me I would send this suggestion directly to the Development group and NOT the Support Group. If you send it to the Support Group you will get into an endless conversation with them which will eventually lead nowhere

And, by the way, many times if you post it here you will possibly get into an endless discussion regarding "I am not sure you can do what you are discussing , but let me show you the great work-around I have developed to overcome this diffency in FTM"

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 11:14AM GMT
You misunderstand me, obviously.

The OP was directing US to look at his support requests by number, to which we have no access.

Read and understand before you chastise.

Posted: 19 Jul 2013 1:33PM GMT
Read and understand before you chastise

Did and do, which is why I only addressed the portion of your comment dealing with [your perceived] purpose of this board and development group not looking at the info on this board
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions