Search for content in message boards

John Lasley Fentiman and Merle Stewart

John Lasley Fentiman and Merle Stewart

Posted: 22 Oct 2013 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Oct 2013 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Fentiman, Stewart
married in abt 1921 they had Elmer J. Fentiman (born 1922)

John remarried to Hazel W. Gardner.

Looking for information on Merle and her parents. I was told she died when Elmer was about 2 yrs old, but I have no way of confirming this.

Thank you in advance.

Re: John Lasley Fentiman and Merle Stewart

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 3:46AM GMT
BEATRICE (NEBRASKA) DAILY SUN SEPTEMBER 22, 1921
John Fentiman and Miss Pearl Stewart were married at Pawnee City, Friday, Sept. 9. John is the youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Fentiman and was reared to manhood on the farm southeast of Liberty where he now resides. Mrs. Stewart is a niece.

SEPTEMBER 15, 1922
A nine pound son was born to Mr. and Mrs. John Fentiman Wednesday Sept. 6

I didn't find an obit or death notice for Merle/Pearl, nor a marriage for John and Hazel

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 5:18AM GMT
Oh wow, thank you soooo much!

As for the marriage bet John and Hazel, it was held on 1924 and they had two children together: Doris and Gordon. Hazel lived until she was 103 (died in 2011).

This marriage was supposed to happen after Merle's death (when Elmer was about 2).

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 5:28AM GMT
By any chance do you know when Pearl/Merle was born?

Posted: 23 Oct 2013 2:00PM GMT
And one last question (thank you so much by the way for the enormous help you have given me, much appreciated).

The newspaper quote says Mrs. Stewart was a niece, which Mrs Stewart they were referring about and who was she niece of? if you can read the rest of the quote would be wonderful to know, because, despite the fact I've tried looking everywhere I haven't had the luck to find these two passages.

Thank you once again!

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 1:04AM GMT
That was the whole article, which perplexed me too. Did they mean Merle/pearls Mother, or was Pearl previously married?

Posted: 24 Oct 2013 1:13AM GMT
that has crossed my mind as well...

Thank you so much once again for your help!

One more question, if you don't mind. Would you be so kind to make a screenshot of the article and share it with me?, If you can't I'll understand.

Posted: 29 Oct 2013 12:45AM GMT
Found it!

Thank you, once again for providing me with the information. I truly appreciate it!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions