Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON ANDERSON BENGSTON FAITHORN AND STEPHENSON MICHIGAN 1882-1919

JOHNSON ANDERSON BENGSTON FAITHORN AND STEPHENSON MICHIGAN 1882-1919

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 9:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson ,Anderson, Bengston, Olsen, Edwards,
My ggrandfather and ggrandmother lived in these areas and had their children mostly in Faithorn. His name Charles or Charley Johnson b. Dec 15, 1855 Sweden, owned a logging camp in that area or Iron Mountain area. His wife Carrie (Anderson) b. Denmark Oct 9, 1865, married Aug. 1882. Children were Matilda Tillie, Emma, Annie, Clara, Edward, Carl. Would like to know all about them and other family members.

Re: JOHNSON ANDERSON BENGSTON FAITHORN AND STEPHENSON MICHIGAN 1882-1919

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 8:12PM GMT
I'm not related to this family.

1900 -
Name: Chas Johnson
Home in 1900: Holmes, Menominee, Michigan
Birth Date: Dec 1855
Birthplace: Sweden
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1873
Relationship to Head of House: Head
Father's Birthplace: Sweden
Mother's Birthplace: Sweden
Spouse's name: Cary
Marriage Year: 1882
Marital Status: Married
Years Married: 18
Residence : Holmes Township, Menominee, Michigan

Chas Johnson 44
Cary Johnson 39, 10/65 Denmark - 8 children & 5 living
Mathilda Johnson 15, 5/85 MI
Emma Johnson 11, 6/88 MI
Edward Johnson 8, 9/91 MI
Chary Johnson 7, 4/93 MI
Anny L Johnson 1, 1/99 MI

1910 -
Name: Caroline Johnson
Age in 1910: 45
Estimated birth year: abt 1865
Birthplace: Denmark
Relation to Head of House: Wife
Father's Birth Place: Denmark
Mother's Birth Place: Denmark
Spouse's name: Charles
Home in 1910: Holmes, Menominee, Michigan
Marital Status: Married
Year of Immigration: 1881

Charles Johnson 55, farmer
Caroline Johnson 45, Denmark - 11 children & 6 living
Edward Johnson 19, MI [1891]
Annie Johnson 11, MI
Carl Johnson 3, MI

1920 -
Name: Mrs Carrie Johnson
Home in 1920: Holmes, Menominee, Michigan
Estimated birth year: abt 1865
Birthplace: Denmark
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
Marital Status: Divorced
Sex: Female
Home owned: Own
Year of Immigration: 1880
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes

Carrie Johnson 55, Denmark = DIVORCED; farming
Carl Johnson 12, MI

1920 -

Posted: 30 May 2010 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson Anderson Edwards
I have that information, I need to find out where he applied for his Naturalization and where he came from in Sweden. And also his wife Carrie or Caroline Anderson Johnson who was born in DK. I would think that there would be some county things he was famous for from 1882 on.

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 2:51PM GMT
Matilda (Anderson) Bengtson was my Grandmother. She married Gustof Bengtson.... original name was Bengtsson, but changed at Ellis Island. Their son, Chester, was my Dad. Born Sept 17, 1917 in Phelps, WI. Moved to Faithorn/Hermansville, then Ishpeming.

Posted: 9 Jul 2012 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Anderson, Bengston
I am glad to meet you. I have been hunting for information on Matilda's side. My mother was Carl's daughter. I have all the ancestry done on Carrie/Karen Anderson side but have no clue about confirming the Johnson side of the family. Was told Edward's grave is in Iron Mt. MI, and grandfather Carl is in Ionia MI, my mother is buried in Ludington. GGF Charles grave is in Rhinelander WI but don't know where he originated from?? Some say somewhere in Sweden, need to know when, and correct date of birth. Did he have family in the US brothers or sisters? Where was his logging/sawmill at in Faithorn?? I did meet by phone a cousin from Edwards side who lives in Sagola MI. Plan to get that way this year yet. Can you send me info on your grandmother and possibly more on the Johnson's? My email is rfaulkner06@gmail.com Thank you so much. Rita

Posted: 16 Jul 2012 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Johnson, Bengston
I don't know if you received my email, the phone number you gave me for Ruth did not go through. Can you either give me another number or address that I can write her and ask questions? I will tell you like I did with the other Johnson's, whatever I find and gather from the information I will send your direction too if you provide me with a mailing address. I have ggm Carrie (Anderson) Johnson ancestry way back thanks to a friend from Denmark and some other facts I got in Upper Michigan that confirmed her identy. Rita

Posted: 31 Jul 2012 2:38PM GMT
Years ago, my Father took me to Pemene Falls near Faithorn, and said that was where Charles Anderson had logged, and right at that falls they dammed the river up so logs would have excess water to float down when the dam was blasted open. Google Pemene Falls Faithorn for pix of the falls.

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 2:39PM GMT
Why with Mathilda's name you put (Anderson) after? It should be (Johnson) since her father was Johnson right?

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2013 9:58PM GMT
You have anderson again, did he go by Anderson instead of Johnson? On the land given to Carrie his wife, in the divorce, he is listed with the land as CC Johnson. I know sometimes the names are not complete on papers, because there isn't enough room. Carrie his wife's name was Anderson, It may be because they didn't want comfusion that he had his name changed from Anderson to Johnson?? I will have to look into this farther.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic