Search for content in message boards

Sanders & Reeves Families

Sanders & Reeves Families

Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Sep 2001 3:02AM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Reeves, Roberts
Seeking information on John Hampton Sanders and Mary Hester Reeves. John Sanders was born in Pickens County, SC on 8/17/1870 and died in 1923 in Greenville SC (Graceland Cemetary). He married Mary Hester Reeves in Greenville, SC in 1900. His father was Elijah Sanders, b. about 1800? in Pickens Cty, SC. Mother (name unknown) was born about 1829 in Pickens Cty.

Mary Hester Reeves was the daughter of Wm. Robert Reeves & Charlotte Eugenia Roberts, b. in 1858 in Greenville and died in 1901.

Any information on these families would be appreciated. John Hampton Sanders worked at Southern Railway, Greenville, SC.

Re: Sanders & Reeves Families

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 7:55PM GMT
Hello, hope this reply isn't too late. My grandfather was Andrew Jackson Reeves and his sister was Mamie Hester Reeves. She married John Hampton Sanders in Greenville S.C. and they had children as follows: Louis E. Sanders, Frank B. Sanders, Robert J. Sanders, Claude Sanders, Mary Sanders, Maude Sanders. They may have had other children but list ends there in pages from Reeves family Bible.

Hope this helps.

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 12:49AM GMT
Surnames: REAVES/REEVES
Do you know if this family had an ASA REEVES/REAVES or HIRAM REAVES/REEVES? In 1830, they lived in Pickens, SC and listed birthplace as SC.
Thank you so much.
Barb
distler5@charter.net

Barb (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Reaves/Reeves
Laurel:
Do the names ASA & HIRAM REAVES/REEVES cross your research. They were in Pickens in 1830, but I believe they formerly lived in Greenville. Hope they're your kin and I find out something about them.
Barb
distler5@charter.net

Posted: 11 Aug 2007 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: sanders greenville sc
I am related to John Hampton Sanders.Asbury Sanders from Pickens sc was my great grandfather.Asbury had a son,Ira Lee Sanders. Ira was my grandfather.Asbury worked for railroad also in Atlanta Ga.Most of John's family moved to Jones county Ga. and are buried there.

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders, Reeves in Greenville SC
Hi,
I haven't been doing family research for a long time, so I'm just seeing your message. I had the information that Asbury lived in Atlanta, but not that he had a son. John Hampton also worked for the railroad. When he died in 1923 of injuries from a work accident, Asbury attended his funeral.

John Hampton was my grandfather on my mother's side. Most of her family migrated to Florida after his death. I don't know of any that moved to Jones Co. GA. -- maybe that's a different Sanders family?

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 9:46PM GMT
Surnames: John Hampton Sanders- Reeves
I am searching for John Hampton Sanders family. John died 1923 Greenville Sc. I have lots info for John's Father. Elisha and also brother Asbury Sanders.

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 4:35PM GMT
>I am searching for John Hampton Sanders family. John died >1923 Greenville Sc. I have lots info for John's Father. >Elisha and also brother Asbury Sanders

Hi,

according to his obituary, which appeared in The Greenville News on 9 & 10 December 1923, John H. Sanders had six children, all of whom lived in Greenville: Louis, Frank, Robert, Claud, Mary and Maud. In addition, he was survived by his wife (who is not named, except to note that she was formerly a Miss Reeves) and his brother, A.G. Sanders of Atlanta.
If you have any questions about this, need further assistance, or would like to order a copy of this obituary, please feel free to contact me off-list at cdulmage@greenvillelibrary.org. Best of luck with your research!

Sincerely,

Cori Dulmage
Carolina First South Carolina Room
Greenville County Library System
cdulmage@greenvillelibrary.org
(864) 242 5000 x2269

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 5:12PM GMT
Thank you! The library is a wonderful resource to have online! A cousin gave me a copy of that obituary several years ago. I am a granddaughter of John Hampton Sanders through his youngest daughter, Maude.

Mary Ellen Adams

Posted: 30 Apr 2009 10:10PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders- Reeves
Thanks Mary Ellen, Do you happen to know what happened to john's mother Susanna? I know Elisha died and from what i found online is buried Falls Creek Baptist Church Oconee Sc. I hope to go there some day soon.Asbury went to live with older half brother but John was not listed with them. Is your mother still living? Do you know the name of the Reeves John was married to? Info has been hard to get from my family as they didn't know anything and the Sanders men died way too young. Don't know when Asbury died but his son Ira was 50 yrs of age and my father Edward was 48 yrs of age.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions