Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 crashed/dissapeared

FTM 2012 crashed/dissapeared

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 8:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
So, I am adding some info to my FTM 2012 (upgraded from 2009 few weeks ago) and all of a sudden, it closed and went back to the desk top. Now when I click on the icon, it says the path does not exist. Even when I go into my programs it will not open from there either. I can open my last back up with 2009. What's up with that?

Re: FTM 2012 crashed/dissapeared

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 8:59PM GMT
This just happened to me this afternoon. The .exe file is simply gone now -- and I have a report that McAfee has an unamed file marked as a trojan at that time. It also has marked my 2011 FTM.exe file as a trojan.

Elizabeth

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 9:55PM GMT
I'm using McAfee as well. Have you gotten yours fixed?

Posted: 2 Aug 2013 12:07AM GMT
I told McAfee to un-quarentine the file and restore it. Everything is running now.

Posted: 4 Aug 2013 10:31PM GMT
How did you find the file? I don't see it in the quarantined area.

Posted: 5 Aug 2013 12:13AM GMT
It was a little difficult in that it had no name or location (unlike other quarantined files that tell you their original location). But the time stamp matched exactly when FTM crashed and went missing. And just 15 minutes after that time stamp was the time stamp on the FTM2011 .exe file -- but that at least had its name and location.

It also helps in that I only had a total of 4 files in quarantine, and the other two were from months ago. So I had only one choice really.

It was a leap of faith to restore the file. But it worked.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic