Search for content in message boards

Sarah Jane Thomason

Sarah Jane Thomason

Bob Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2001 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomason
Looking for any information concerning Sarah Thomason my Great Grandmother and her sister Nancy Thomason that I believed lived in Benton County sometime between 1845 and 1880. Sarah is my Great Grandmother and married a William A. Cox. I believe Nancy marrie a Bennett. Im hoping to find who their mother and father was by name that would be my Great Great Grandparents

Re: Sarah Jane Thomason

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 12:42AM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2003 2:22PM GMT
Her parents are not listed, but Sarah's obit in the 1969 White & Miles History of Benton Co (V2, pp 94n-95n) states she was born 24 Feb 1841 in Christian Co, Ky and died 18 Mar 1924, leaving a sister Angelina Bennett of Fairfield and a brother Bud of Oregon. Although she married Wm Cox in Benton Co 24 Jan 1861, and he is listed in the 1860 census, she is not. However since she died after 1910, you can request her death certificate from the Mo Dept of Health (see info at http://www.health.state.mo.us/BirthAndDeathRecords/BirthAndD...)
If provided by the informant, the death certificate should list both parents.

Homer R. Ficken, Benton Co GenWeb

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 11:37PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2002 12:30AM GMT
Surnames: Cox, Thomason
Sarah Jane's obit is in the Hisotyr of Benton County by Miles and White, I have a copy because I wasusing it to eliminate fromanother William Cox , My gggfrather who also lived in Benton 'county. Here is the obit. Died Mrs. illiam A Cox March l8, l924. Sara Jane Thomason was born Feb. 24 l84l in Christian County , Ky. She married W. A. Cox in l86l and they had ten children, eight surviving her: Mrs.C.E. Root of Oklahoma: Mrs. C.L. Ashinhurst of Kansas: Mrs. Thomas Scott and Perry Cox of Wisdom: Mrs. G. T. Otto of Kansas City: Mrs. J.C. Handlin of Bentonville and Mrs. John Howe of Deepwater. There are 49 grandchildren, l9 ggrandchildren and two great grreat. She leaves one sister, Angelina Bennett of Fairfield and a brother Bud Thomason of Oregon. Mrs. Cox was one of the county's oldest citizens. Druing the illness, for two weeks before her death, she gave directions for her burial, called her children to her bedside and asked them all the meet her in heaven......
I hope this helps... please let me know if you have any information about the family of W. A Cox( his parents & back.) so that I can compare with mine.

Bob Stokes (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2001 4:06PM GMT
10/26/01 10:55AM

Attention: BBirwin
Thanks for your reply concerning my G. G. grandmother Sarah Jane Thomason/Cox. I have all of the info you replied to but still don't know who Sarah Jane mother and father are, probably will remain a mystery as I have visited the library and courthouse of Christian county Ky., where her obitiuary says she was born and found nothing.
What I have on the cox side is; William Cox born 1806 Virginia died 6/2/1870 Benton County, married a Jane Hornbuckle July 1829 Sagamon, Illinois Jane died 10/17/1873 Benton County. Several children born to this union of which was William A. Cox my G. G. Grandfather.
Thats All and Thanks again and may God Bless
Bob Stokes
Please contact me by E-mail if you wich

rwmes@att.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions