Search for content in message boards

Titus and Snow Ray County, Missouri

Titus and Snow Ray County, Missouri

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Snow, Titus, Hutchings
There is a Missouri death certificate for Joseph Titus, b. 29 Aug 1846 and died, 21 Apr 1919. For father, it looks like "A & J Titus" but it's difficult to read. It may be "AJ Titus." For mother, it looks like "Dess Snow"or "Dass Snow," but again it's difficult to read. The informant is John E. Zimmerman, a grandson, whose mother is a Titus. Samuel and Sarah Snow are living next door to Joseph and Mary Titus. If "A&J" stands for Abraham and Jane, then whose mother was the informant thinking of when he gave the mother as "Dess Snow"?
http://www.sos.mo.gov/images/archives/deathcerts/1919/1919_0...

Re: Titus and Snow Ray County, Missouri

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 6:01PM GMT
You are right, with the water spots over some of the letters, and the "M" from below covering things up, it is difficult to read. But I think that in "Maiden name of mother", it says something like "Dont know". The 1850 census with Joseph and Mary living near two Snow families is a different Titus family than the Titus' listed in the 1860 census, with A. & Jane Titus.

Re: Titus and Snow Ray County, Missouri

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2012 7:02PM GMT
I really appreciate your reply. It is "don't know." I've been looking at all the neighbors for connections. Samuel Snow left Greene County in the early 1840s right after being convicted of gaming (declaring he would appeal), but moving to Ray County. Children married into Sutton, Hutchings and Blyth families in Ray County, but can't find a connection to those before Ray County. Thanks again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic