Search for content in message boards

McDonell/McDonald

McDonell/McDonald

Posted: 18 Apr 2003 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2003 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: McDonell/McDonald
Hi
I am looking for information on my GG Grandfather, Hugh McDonell (could be McDonald - Mc or Mac). He was born in 1801 and died Aug. 20, 1883. He married Catherine MacDonald sometime prior to 1835. they had my G Grandfather Angus Hugh McDonell in 1835.
According to the 1881 census they were born in Ontario.

I am looking for any information on parents, siblings, and other children of both Hugh and Catherine.

Thanks
Dana Stokes

Hugh McDonell/McDonald son of Alexander (Roy)?

Posted: 6 Sep 2012 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Alexander (Roy) Mcdonell was born abt 1769 in Scotland(?). In 1785 he and his wife (name unknown, b abt 1763) lived in Charlottenburgh with no Children. Between 1790 and 1801 they had eight children the last one being Hugh. This is a UEL family and each of the kids received 200a.

abt 1799 his son Donald (my gggrandfather) was born. In 1823 or so Donald married Sarah Cameron in East Nissouri, Oxford and from there I can trace the family to my brother and myself.

I'm wondering if your Hugh, father of your gggrandfather? I've found some info on them but can't confirm the connection to Alexander (Roy). I assume "Roy" is a nickname.

Realize it's been awhile since your post here, hopefully we'll be able to exchange useful information

Bob
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions