Search for content in message boards

"The Hyde Family Genealogy"

"The Hyde Family Genealogy"

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hyde, Walters, Seaton
In searching the archives, I find many references made to the "The Hyde Family Genealogy" by Bud Hyde. I am the person who compiled that genealogy, and would be more than happy to try to answer any questions that anyone may have.
It traces the lineage of James Hansford Hyde b 1775 in Washinsgton County, PA and d 03/14/1849 in Green County, PA,and Mary (Polly) Walters Hyde, b 1783 and d 1859. James was the son of Samuel Hyde and Rebecca (Seaton)Hyde. The book traces their lineage through each branch of the family up to the time it was published in 1996, with a few exceptions of families that I was unable to make contact with, some of whom I have been able to contact since the book was published. If you are descended from James and Mary Hyde, I should be able to answer most of your questions.

e

Re: "The Hyde Family Genealogy"

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 4:17AM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2002 2:51AM GMT
HELLO...MY ANCESTOR WM RUFUS HYDE AVERY's
MOTHER WAS A HYDE...AND THAT IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT HER JUST NOW.

THEY WERE IN ORLEANS CO. NY FOR SOME TIME.

Bud Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2002 3:15PM GMT
That name does not ring a bell with me. However, it could be in one of the brancehs of the family that I have been unable to contact. Hopefully someone else may see your post and might be able to help you. Good luck

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 11 Aug 2002 2:51AM GMT
THANKS ANYWAY...WORTH A TRY.
]

Jean Fahrenthold (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2002 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Hyde
My gr-father was Theodore Marion(Mack) Hyde who worked for the YO Ranch @Mountain Home,Texas as Foreman for about 44 years. His father was Theodore Coglin Hyde-One of his brothers was John Benjamin Hyde-They were freighters.That was also the name of their father and the name goes back into the 1850 census.If you have any info of this, please let me know. Thanks, Jean

Bud Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2002 7:02PM GMT
Sorry to take so long to respond to your post, but wanted to check my records thoroughly. I find no Theodore Coglin Hyde in my branch of the family. Wish I could be of some help to you. Good luck in your search.

Bud

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2003 6:46AM GMT
Surnames: Hansford, Hyde
My line goes thru Mary Sarah Hyde who married William Hansford in Virgina (mostly York county) in the 1700's. I would love to know more about Mary's family.

Posted: 24 Nov 2002 10:58PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2003 12:44AM GMT
I am just starting to trace my family history and I thought that maybe you could help me on my search. My Dad's naame was James Curtis Hyde he married my mom Mary Ernestine Peach around 1939. Not real sure on the date. My Dad was born July 9, 1921 in Mississippi. My Mom was born August 1, 1926. Any info you have on the Hyde's I sure would appreciate. Thanks, Joan

Jean Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2003 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Hyde, Gibson, Orr
Hello,
I am researching Samuel Hyde's family line. This HYDE family came from Jasper County, Georgia and moved to Winston County,MS in 1830. Samuel Hyde was married to Caty Gibson from Warren County, Georgia. According to the 1850 Winston County, MS Samuel Hyde was married to Jane Orr. Do you have anything on this HYDE line? The main question where did Samuel Hyde come from. I think he was born aroung 1784 in Wilke County,GA. Who was his parents?
Happy Hunting.

Michael Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Hyde, Clairborne, Robinson, Orr, Stegall, Lott, Stewart
Hi Jean-
I'm writing to you from "work" this morning so I don't have all of my material at my finger tips, but, wanted to let you know that I'm related to Samuel Hyde by way of his brother, Jesse Gould Hyde, Sr. I have Samuel b. abt 1783 in Wilkes Co., GA d. abt 1859 in Washington Parish, LA. Son of Jesse Hyde and Deborah Claiborne(?). Samuel was married to Mary C. Robinson on 15 Mar 1810 in Amite Co., MS and had the following children:
Claiborne
"Unk Son"
Seaborne R.
Elizabeth
Sarah "Sally"
Anna
Samuel Adam
Belinda
Delphine
Jesse S.
Susan
"Unk Daughter"
Isaac
Saphronia
Where Jane Orr comes from, I don't know....but, I do have the following in my family line:
William Stegall Orr m. Minnie Catherine Hyde
Jessie Lucille Orr m. Eric Haschal Hyde
Joseph Henry Orr m. Josie Lott
Sidney S. Orr m. Myrtis Stewart
So, do you think we have a connection??
Let me know and I can provide further information.
Thanks,
Michael
Florissant, MO

per page

Find a board about a specific topic