Search for content in message boards

I can't update my FTM Again!

I can't update my FTM Again!

Posted: 5 Aug 2013 10:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Last week, I had to delete all the files and start fresh since something got corrupted (probably ancestry was doing a update when I was trying to sync my tree)

I did a lot of work over the weekend I thought I would run the FTM to do a backup.... same thing. It just freezes up and stops working.

Is it the server or what?

Re: I can't update my FTM Again!

Posted: 5 Aug 2013 11:57PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2013 12:00AM GMT
Do you mean sync?

Are you compacting your file regularly?

Have you read the thread of suggestions for successful sync? I don't adhere to all the suggestions, but I never go more than 2 days without sync-ing. If I have done a great deal of work, I may sync twice in a day.

http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.famtreemaker/9684...

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 12:01AM GMT
I think I did too many updates over the weekend. I was away and I was on my laptop. I have the ftm program on my desk top computer. But when the sync failed tonight it corrupted the file and I had to start from scratch again.

I am starting to wonder if the software if worth it.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2013 1:22AM GMT
"Are you compacting your file regularly?

Have you read the thread of suggestions for successful sync? I don't adhere to all the suggestions, but I never go more than 2 days without sync-ing. If I have done a great deal of work, I may sync twice in a day.

http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.famtreemaker/9684..."

If you don't/can't/won't share specifics, we can't help.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 1:08AM GMT
I will have to remember to sync more often!

Its such a PIA, after successfully re-downing the tree file, it starts downloading the media all over again.

I have about 6 gigs of media files.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 4:49AM GMT
Same problem for me; if I get on a roll and do too much on ancestry, it will not sync. I agree, I do not know if it is worth the aggravation. Maybe ver 2014 will be better, but with all the problems you would think they would try to do a fix for us. We spend a lot of money every year between the two programs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic