Search for content in message boards

Hello

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 2:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi My name is Whitney Elizabeth Sneed ( Chapa ). My father was Samuel R Sneed V. He passed away in January of 2008. My father had a awful case of Huntingtons Disease that he passed from. I am looking for any and all the information I can get. I am about to be 30 this year and I found out I as well carry The Huntingtons Disease. I can only go back to my father and his mother having it. My brother is Samuel R Sneed IV. My Mother is Lynne Traylor/Sneed/Taylor. I have been very active with the Huntingtons community. I have done some work with Ohio State.Had several meeetings with Dr.s in California. I am also in a study in Vancouver,BC called Track HD. The Huntingtons is not active for me as of know. My goal is to keep a Healthy Lifestyle and hope for the Best. So If any one has anything it would help me out on my surch. Thank you for your time.
Whitney Elizabeth Sneed/Chapa Dayton, Ohio
my email wchapa.2008@gmail.com

Re: Hello

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 4:28PM GMT
It would be worth your time to post the same message to the "snead" message board, too. The different spellings meant little, if anything, from about 1875 back.

Max Snead, whose great grandfather was a Sneed

Re: Hello

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 8:35AM GMT
Hello. Was your father's family also from the Dayton Ohio area? There are a lot of resources available to you in Dayton if they are. The library in Dayton has a very nice genealogy department that can help you as well.
A few years ago there was also a Bill Snead/Sneed who was doing extensive Sneed research who also lived in Dayton. I am not sure if he is still living as I myself had not been in contact with him. I can give you other resources for there if you are interested. I also live in Ohio, in Shelby Co. which is about 30-45 minutes from Dayton. I will see what I can possibly find locally for you as well. Is your family still living? That is the best source to be able to find out if they were born and raised here, maternal grandparents, paternal grandparents, aunts uncles etc. As knowing all of the names will possibly lead you to the correct family. If I can be of help to you, email me directly at dcarnes1@woh.rr.com

Re: Hello / 23andMe

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 1:31PM GMT
Surnames: Sneed, Snead
My ancestors roots are Sneed's out of Texas and Arkansas that I've traced as of today.

I would recommend taking the 23andMe DNA test. You get your genetic traits and diseases PLUS your DNA ancestry. You'll be amazed at the results. Also, they have message boards to discuss. It's only $99 and you get so much more. I have about 19 family members tested.

I wish you the best.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic