Search for content in message boards

Lookup needed in Book, "Remembering Times" of Wadena - re: MARYNIAK and MICHALUK

Lookup needed in Book, "Remembering Times" of Wadena - re: MARYNIAK and MICHALUK

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 7:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Michaluk, Maryniak, Kuzyk
Would anyone happen to have a copy of the book, "Remembering times: Wadena and area dating back to 1882" Published Wadena History Book Committee, 1992 to do a look up for me and either send me a scanned image of the page(s) or take a picture with a digital camera using the macro setting on the camera or retype it if it isn't long….or there might not even be anything about them in the book.

I am hoping to find out if there is a write up about Pauline MICHALUK who was married to Alex MARYNIAK.
Pauline MICHALUK (1914-1999), was a daughter of Paul MICHALUK & Sophie KUZYK. She married Alex MARYNIAK (1910-1990) and they lived in Wadena where they are both buried in the Wadena Cemetery.

I have read in the book "The Hands of Time" and "Parkland Trails" a tiny little paragraph but very little is said about them.

I am hoping someone could look in the "Remembering Times" book of Wadena to see if there is a write up about Alex MARYNIAK and Pauline MARYNIAK and any descendants either of them might have had, especially descendants of Pauline? I also would to learn Pauline's full date of death so that I could see if I could locate an obituary for her through the Library & Archives microfilms.

Re: Lookup needed in Book, "Remembering Times" of Wadena - re: MARYNIAK and MICHALUK

Posted: 2 Apr 2008 11:49PM GMT
If you are still looking for information on these family lines let me know. I have the Wadena book - as well as info on the Krywy family which appears to be Pauline's first marriage

Re: Lookup needed in Book, "Remembering Times" of Wadena - re: MARYNIAK and MICHALUK

Posted: 3 Apr 2008 12:50AM GMT
Oh yes, I still am looking for information. You are an angel posting after all this time, yay!

Pauline's mother is my great grandmother so I am hoping to learn more on Pauline as I know very little about her. This is all I know about her:

Pauline Michaluk, was born 1914 near Buchanan, SK to Paul Michaluk and Sophia Kuzyk (from her 1st husband, unknown what her maiden name was). Pauline died in 1999 and is buried in St. Peter & Paul Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery, Kuroki, SK.

Pauline was married twice - 1st husband was Dmetro Krywy (1904-1969). He is also buried in St. Peter & Paul Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery, Kuroki, SK. After Dmetro died Pauline remarried to Alex Maryniak. He is buried in the Wadena Cemetery.

If there is a lot to type, if you have a scanner maybe you can scan and email it or maybe take a digital picture of the page(s) with a digital camera and email it? (you can find my email address by clicking on my user name, rozamod.)

This is exciting to have the chance to maybe learn more about Pauline as she is a mystery to me. Her mother, Sophia remarried after my great grandfather, John Kuzyk passed away so the second family is a side that very little is known which makes me really curious.

Thank you very much. You just brightened my day.

Posted: 3 Apr 2008 1:37AM GMT
I could not access your email address - but here is what I found - from the Kuroki book:
Dmetro and Pauline were married in July 1935. They came to Kuroki in 1936.Dmetro passed away on February 2, 1969.
(the rest of the write-up tells about their life at Kuroki - working - building their hosue etc.)

From the Wadena book (page 788):
Alec arrived in the Fosston district in May 1911 from the Ukraine with his parents Mr.and Mrs. Anthony Maryniak. Alec attended Moose Horn School. In 1929 Alec bought a farm two miles west of Fosston. he married Mary Sorba of the Ponass lake district on Feb.14, 1932. This was one of the first marriages performed in the B.B.A. Church. From this union there were two children, a daughter Georgina and a son Jacob. both children attended fosstom Hamlet School. Alec and Mary moved to Wadena in 1959. mary passed away in 1969.

Pualine wsa born in the Dobrowody district north of Rama. She married Dmetro Krywk in July 1935. In 1936 they moved to Kuroki where Dmetro had a blacksmith shop and the Massey Agency until his passing in 1969.

Alec and Pauline were married on November 19, 1969 and they reside in Wadena. They are members of the Ukr. Catholic Church and as a pastine they enjoy gardening and visiting with their many friends.

Georgina, a community health nurse in Rossland, BC is now retired. Jacob is a finance executive with the Oil Resource Co. in Calgary.

Editor's note: Alec passed away July 10, 1990.

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: Michaluk/Maryniuk
Hi, Many history books are available on-line in http://www.ourroots.ca/e/ I found Pauline mentioned on page 516 and 517 in the Buchanan book. When you open the site just type Michaluk into the search box and you will get a list of books, including Buchanan and Kuroki, but I didn't notice Wadena. When you open the books if you did a Michaluk search the pages will show up in blue and can be clicked on. I didn't try any of the other names, but you may want to do searches on them. Have fun. Butch

Posted: 4 Apr 2008 12:38AM GMT
Thanks Butch. Yes ourroots is a wonderful site. I actually own a copy of the Buchanan book and have been through the site several, several times and I keep going back a few times each month.

But I notice they still don't have the Wadena book but that's okay as thanks to the previous poster I learned more information. I have decided that the next time I am in Yorkton I'll spending several, several hours in their library (with my laptop) going through their history books. Unfortunately that might not be for a few years but eventually I'll get there.

Thank you again and happy hunting :-)

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2012 8:03AM GMT
Hello,

I am the grand daughter of Alex Maryniak. Pauline was my step Baba. She was a wonderful, warm, caring, funny, and the best perogie maker this world had ever seen. I miss her VERY much as she was the only Babba I knew. Mary Maryniak passed a year before I was born. Alex,, Mary, Pauline and her husband were all good friends. I am SO glad Alex married Pauline and that they were able to enjoy all their travels and I was extremely blessed to have had such an amazing grandmother in my life.

I am saddened to say, due to people on Alex's side of the family, contact with her was very limited after Alex died. I am not exactly sure what happened, but I heard a few things and I know a few reasons why. Not by ANY fault of Pauline of course.

I think about My Baba every day and how much I miss her. She was truly and amazing woman. If you are related to her, you are very blessed.

If you would like to learn more about this, please contact me.

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 2:47AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2012 3:24AM GMT
I also wanted to let you know that Pauline never had any children of her own from what I was told. She loved me like I was her own grand daughter and always loved when we came out for every Christmas when I was little. I have SO many memories about her. Not one is negative.

I know they married very quickly after their spouses passed, but the 4 of them were friends for many years. They kind of got hitched and then decided to make their phone calls letting their families know. I loved that about her. She was just a get up, let's go, kind of woman. She never took any crap from Alex. Talking about her makes me miss her even more.

I hope I get to hear from you. It would be great to let you know all about her. I have so much to share.... :)

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 7:08AM GMT
Is it possible to get a copy of the Wadena book? I'm looking for Nickolet/Nycholat families.

Posted: 18 Nov 2013 2:19AM GMT
You might try contacting the Town of Wadena to see who might have that book available. It was compiled and printed in 1992 by the Wadena History Book Committee. The Town office might knwo who to contact.

The book does have information on these families:
Fred and Mary Nicholat, Norman and Elizabeth Nicholat and Andrew and Mary (Rutchuch) Nycholat.

If you are unable to get a copy of the book let me know and I can look up the information for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions