Search for content in message boards

Cynthia Sparks & Spencer C. Janes

cynthia sparks & spencer janes

PAT COPAS SANDERS (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: sparks, roach, jessee, england
Barbara , Spencer Janes & cynthia had 5 children according to the gen of sparks ,roach , taylor book. pg 83 Mary ann Janes br ca, 1825 adair co ky
William Dudley Janes br ca,1828 adair co ky
Thomas Seymour Janes b ca, 1830 adair co ky
Gracey H. Janes br.ca,1833 adair co ky mb James Riley Sparks.
Silas P. Jane sb ca, 1835 adaie co ky I have the husb and wifes for these children if you are interested.
Pat.......

cynthia sparks & spencer janes

pAT cOPAS sANDERS d-s@cw2.com (View posts)
Surnames: sparks, roach, jessee, demunbrum, stone, england, and many more
Bev; accordin to Genealogy of sparks ,roach,taylor & related famlies. pg 7 Cynthia Sparks b prob, 1799 Ky
was da of William Sparks and Mary? pg 83 said she was br green co Ky , Married 16 mar 1824 adair co Ky . died between 1835-38 in adair co ky. (pg83) Spencer janes br abt 1804 tenn son of William Janes, Married second time , Nancy Roberts, widow of William Roberts. pg 292 tells of William Sparks & Mary settled "the headright claim" in green co Ky in the nlate 1790,s .
pg 83 of same book tells , Spencer Jane was one of the pioneer ministers of adair co , it appears he performed most of the marriages in that area from 1830 -1850.
He was a son of William Janes mentioned in the Draper Manuscripts in Indian attacks on McKinney Station 1790-92. McKinney was apparently the settlement or near the origional
East Fork Settlement of adair co area. This is where William Sparks settled between 1800, -1806.

Cynthia Sparks & Spencer C. Janes

Barbara Breeden Jessee (View posts)
Surnames: Jessee, Sparks, England, Mosby, Janes
Cynthia Sparks and Spencer C. Janes are my husband's 3x great grandparents. Does anyone have the parents of either of these people? Did they have children other than Thomas Seymour? When and where was he born and died? Any help greatly appreciated.

Janes & Sparks children

Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jessee, Sparks, England, Janes, Mosby
Thanks for all your help, Pat. Yes, I would like to have the spouses and children if you have them. I'd like to have as much as possible for the Jessee Homecoming the 24th of this month in Columbia, Adair Co. Thanks, again. Barbara
Posted: 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 11:00AM GMT
Surnames: JANES, CARTER, ENGLAND, MOSBY, RAINWATER, BERRY
Barbara
Know we have corresponded before but think it was on JESSEE.

Looking to prove father of Sarah Jane JANES born Oct 1834 in Adair Co KY. She married John H. CARTER in Adair CO in 1856.

Some claim her father was Thomas and mother Martha.

I have pension info from my grandfather that states he was living next to the farm of Preston B. JANES. I now Preston had a daughter listed as S.J. (or A). I have throught this might be my Sarah but haven't proved it. Do you have any info on Preston's children?

In 1866 Preston was a witness along with Martin CARTER (brother of John) that he was elected sherriff. This makes me believe stronger that Preston was father however He may be just an uncle.

I have lots of info on JANES and BERRYs. Some is documented and some has been shared but would be happy to share what I have.

Just need to prove Sarah's parentage.
Sandy

Sarah Janes

Posted: 18 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have only one Sarah Janes, daughter of Thomas Seymour and Gelina Mosby. I have an S. A. Janes, daughter of Spencer Janes and Nancy Roberts. I do not have Preston Janes, but I don't have a lot on the Janes line. Sorry I can't help you on this. I will share what I have, though, if you need anything. Barbara

Sarah JANES

Posted: 19 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 11:00AM GMT
Surnames: JANES, MOSBY, SPARKS

I would be most happy to have any info on the JANES line. When was Thomas' Sarah Jane born?

If you want any of my info I'd be happy to share. I have the JANES line back to 1700's starting with Michael.
Some folks only want info on in-law lines for a couple of generations.

Let me know.
Sandy

Janes

Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sarah, daughter of Thomas Seymour Janes, was born 1861. I have no other information for her. I am very interested in any Janes info because Spencer is my husband's 3rd great-grandfather on one line and Thomas Seymour is his 2nd great-grandfather on another line. They are having a Sparks-Jessee reunion this weekend in Adair Co. and I am feverishly working on his family tree to have for the family to see. Like I said before, what I have is very limited. Thanks for your help. Barbara

cynthia sparks ,spencer janes children n

pat copas sanders (View posts)
Surnames: sparks, roach, jessee jessie, barnes, demunbrum
child 3 , of cynthia sparks and spencer janes
THOMAS SEYMOUR JANES b, ca, 1830 adair co ,ky md, 1851 adair co ky d, 1912 adair co ky, married CELINA MOSEBY. ISSUE Of thomas & celina
NANCY J. JANES b, ca, 1852
2 MARY JANES b, ca, 1854
3 WILLIAM DUDLEY JANES
b, ca, 1856
4 MARIE A. JANES b, ca, 1858
5 SARAH JANES b, ca 1861
6 GRACE JANES b, ca , 1863 md, GEORGE JESSE.
7 LEE W. JANES b, ca, 1865
8 THOMAS S. JANES b, ca, 1869
9. ELLEN D. JANES b, ca 1872
10 JAMES C. JANES b,ca, 1874

Janes

Surnames: Jessee, Sparks, England, Janes, Mosby
Pat, Thank you, again. Do you know which Benjamin is the father of Sarah Jessee m William Dudley Janes? None of my Benjamins have a Sarah. I hope to get back down to the Adair Co. Library before too long, but it won't be before the reunion!. Do you think you may be able to make it? I've prepared a tree for my husband to take. Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions