Search for content in message boards

Geneology - Pulford

Geneology - Pulford

Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2003 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Pulford, Koppelberger,
Researching Pulford family. England to Ontario,Canada then into St. Clair Co. & Wayne Co.Michigan. John R. Pulford settled in St. Clair Co. Michigan. 1880 Ft. Gratiot-age 21 single with parents George Pulford,78 & Barbara 67. John married twice. 1.-married Emma Koppelberger in Tuscola Co. 1886. John listed as widower in 1900 Port Huron twp.-children?-1910 Port Huron twp.listed with wife 2.-Laura A. ?b. abt 1868;children-Anna Laura b.abt 1901; John A. b. abt 1907; George Elton b. abt 1910. Also Port Huron Pt. Blair;George A. Pulford b. 1876, Ontario, Canada. Anyone out there have any connection to Pulford family. The brother to John-my Great Grandfather-William S. Pulford, settled in Alpena Co., MI. Vicki

Re: Geneology - Pulford

thaddeus pulford (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2005 9:28PM GMT
I've been searching my line and got stuck at my great-great grandfather- Albert Pulford-b.25 Jul 1853, Ontario, Canada. Married to Alzora Wigle. I'm assuming he was one of the 9 children of Edward and Sarah Lloyd (Avis) Pulford that William Sumner mentioned in his post. Do you have any help?

Thanks.

Vicki Snyder (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2005 10:02PM GMT
Thaddeus Pulford,
I went over my papers-which I hadn't worked on for a while-Albert Pulford b. 1854 was the son of Edwin Avis Pulford. Edwin's father was Edward Pulford & Sarah Avis of England. Edwin was born in England Jan 7, 1828. Edward & Sarah were married on 9 April 1825 at St. Martin in the Field, Westminster England. (This is London area).
1861 Census Ontario, Gosfield Twp it lists the family; Edwin Pulford waggoner b. England, Church of England, no age listed; wife Joanna b. USA Church of England age 24; Albert born in Upper Canada (Ontario) age 8 & William b. U.C. age 5.

Kingsville Reported. Centennial Edition appeared after July 31, 1952 edition of paper.
Edwin Avis Pulford came to Canada from London, England, with his parents in 1833.
They settled on Main in Kingsville, where the elder started a blacksmith shop & carriage works-the first of its kind in this community.
Edwin Avis Pulford married Johanna Hooper in 1851 & took over his fathers business. They had seven children. Descendants of this family are now scattered with only three residing in Kingsville.

This is then -Reel 78 1820-1850 New York passenger lists

Pulford Edwn Pulford age 35 yrs, male, farmer, b. England Destination US
New York Port, Vessel "Canada" August 26, 1833 A4501
Pulford Edwn age 6 male boy
Pulford Frank age 4 male boy
Frs age 12 female girl (Frances)
Hy age 8 yrs 6 months male boy
Sarah age 35 female matron
Wm age 1 yr 6 months male boy

I also have a copy of obit of Edwin if you don't have it. Also a few other things. Greenhill Cemetery info Kingsville Albert & Alzora buried there. Let me know.

I still haven't connected my George with this bunch but stories say they were related. Couldn't find George coming into New York. Still haven't connected to England.
Vicki

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 5:57PM GMT
Do you have any more on Emma Koppleberger? I believe that she may have been the sister to my GGgrandmother, Lucy Koppleberger.

Posted: 19 Dec 2006 2:29AM GMT
Surnames: Koppleberger-Pulford
Interesting, I always wondered about her. I know that name didn't show up much.I have a lot on John Pulford but not much on Emma Koppleberger.I've always been going to find her death record. As far as I know they had no children. I just have their marriae. I will check to be sure. Vicki

Posted: 19 Dec 2006 3:07AM GMT
Would be interested in any info you have on Koppleberger in St Clair County MI. Contact me at bblain107@sbcglobal.net
I have Minnie and Elias Koppleberger married 1893, North Street, MI

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 1:04PM GMT
Hi Vicki-

Would it be possible to send me or post Edwin's obit. I was also wondering what "other things" you might have.

Thanks,

Andre Pulford

Posted: 28 Jul 2009 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: Pulford
Hi, I have to do some reading as I haven't really worked on this in a bit. Moving/retiring ect. In looking at Edward Pulford's folder I see I have some probate record's that I copied when Edward died. Will get back to you. Vicki

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 9:30PM GMT
I have been working on Church of the Epiphany cemetery on Find a Grave.
I have the memorial of Mary Jane Pulford who died in 1852 wife of H Pulford.
I have no connection but would like to ensure the memorial has additional info.
Her age is difficult to read.
Let me know
Marilyn
aka Smitty

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Pulford, Avis, Corkland
Where is Epiphany Cemetery? I have a Henry Thomas Lloyd Pulford b. 1826 London England f-Edward - who I have listed died Manitoba, Canada 1896 - wife Mary Jane Corkland died place ? - before 1854 is all I have listed. They married 1848 in Essex Co. Ontario, Canada. Vicki
per page

Find a board about a specific topic