Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 Bug Report :: My New Favorite Bug

FTM 2012 Bug Report :: My New Favorite Bug

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
FTM 2012 / Win 7

This is my new favorite bug because I have no idea why it happens and I can't imagine the programming situation that would have caused it to creep into the code. :-)

When I'm in People View => Person Tab, if I select a sourced fact and on the right column double click the source in the sources tab (but NOT if I right click and select "Edit..."), the source citation detail gets copied to the clipboard for some unknown reason.

Example: I had a date copied from some online source that I was going to paste into a fact, in this case 22 Apr 1910. I got momentarily distracted by something that looked odd on another fact, selected it, and double-clicked the source to see if I had cited it wrong. When I came back to paste the date into the fact I was working with, instead of pasting "22 Apr 1910" it pasted "1925 census of USA Iowa, Calhoun, Greenfield, Pg. 21, Head of House Robert Zell, Accessed 30 Apr 2013; digital image, Ancestry.com." (actual results of doing described action just now)

Reproducible: Always

Expected Results: I'm not performing a "copy" or "cut" action, so nothing should get sent to the clipboard for pasting.

* Note: Due to the lack of a public bug database, sometimes I post bugs and enhancement requests on this message board *as well as* submitting them to FTM. This is an effort to make the bugs public.

** Disclaimer: I am not connected with Family Tree Maker or ancestry.com in any way. I am a FTM user who is submitting bug reports independently. I may not reply to this thread.

Re: FTM 2012 Bug Report :: My New Favorite Bug

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 5:08PM GMT
This sounds quite useful! My suggestion - ask FTM to document it, then it becomes a feature rather than a bug!

Chris.

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 12:57AM GMT
This "bug" has been around since version 2010 or before...

Regards,

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 4:39PM GMT
Bug remains in FTM 2014
per page

Find a board about a specific topic