Search for content in message boards

Taylor and Vaughn

Taylor and Vaughn

Teisha (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Vaughn, Keeton, Cloyd
I am looking for Will Tom Taylor b. 1863 in Cumberland Co. Kentucky and Lela Bell Vaughn b. 1864 in Cumberland Co. Kentucky. There children are:
Bland Taylor b. 1879
J L Taylor b. 1881
Willie Taylor b. 1898
Crit Taylor b. 1900
Wheeler Taylor b. 1903/1904
Mary Taylor
b. 1808

I believe the mother of either Will Tom Taylor or Lela Bell Vaughn is Serene Ann Keeton... who's parents are John Keeton and Rachel Cloyd.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Teisha :)

Johnson/Vaughn

Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Vaughn
I have a couple of Johnson girls: Eliza Jane(Mahala Jane?)
married John Vaughn 28 July 1828 . The girls are born in Franklin Co., Ky and were in the Cumberland Co.area , as their cousins lived there. The other sister is Martha Johnson married Elisha Vaughn same date as her sister. Elisha and John are also brothers..... Cat Johnson

Serena Keeton/Vaughan

Marilyn Monson (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Keeton, Vaughan, Glidewell, Richardson, Valentine, Norris, Bush, Gentle, Thomas, Anderson, Smith, Pharris, Huff
According to a history in the book "Cumberland County, Yesterday and Today", Serena Keeton was married to John (Crittenden) Vaughan. She was born in 1834 and died after 1880. John Vaughan was born abt 1818 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky and died after 1880. He married in Sep 1858. He had another spouse named Louisa Glidewell. His father was Thomas Marshall Vaughan Sr. and mother was Mary O. "Polly" Valentine. Their children were:
John G.M.S. Vaughan
Mary Ella Vaughan
Leila B. Vaughan married to William Thomas Taylor
Thomas A. Vaughan who went to Kansas
John Crittenden Vaughan who married Mary Cynthia Anderson
Eunice Vaughan who married Benjamin Frank Smith and she was buried in the Salem Cemetery near Eastern School in Barren Co., Kentucky
Sarah Jane Vaughan married to Joseph A. Thomas

Thomas Marshall Vaughan Sr. was born 1770/1775 in North Carolina and died in 1847 Cumberland Co., Kentucky. He married Mary O. "Polly" Valentine born abt 1785 in North Carolina and died between 1870-80 in Clinton Co., Kentucky.
Their children were:
Male child born abt 1800
Axum Vaughan born abt 1802 in North Carolina, died abt 1839 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky
Harrison Vaughan was born abt 1803 in North Carolina, died between 1870-80 in Clinton Co., Kentucky. Never married.
Hardin "Hardy" Vaughan was born abt 1804 in North Carolina
and died in 1865 In Cumberland Co., Kentucky. He married a Rebecca abt 1833 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky
Female child Vaughan born between 1804/1810
Mary Ann Vaughan born 1809 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky
****Thomas Marshall Vaughan Jr. was born 1814 in Cumberland Co. Kentucky and died 1870 in Barren Co., Kentucky. He married Louisa A. Richardson abt 1838 In Cumberland Co.
Louisa A. Richardson's parents were Morgan Richardson and Mary "Polly" Woods who was a son of George Richardson and Comfort Claywell who are my 4th great grandparents.
Mahala B. Vaughan was born 1815 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky and died 27 Sep 1858 in Clinton Co., Kentucky and buried at the Rose of Sharon Cemetery, Cumberland Co., Kentucky. She married Nathaniel Gentle abt 1839 in Cumberland Co, Kentucky.
George W. Vaughan was born in Cumberland Co., Kentucky and died after 1880 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky. He married Ruth Adaline Norris abt 1845 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky.
Mary Elizabeth Vaughan was born 1812 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky.
Male child Vaughan born abt 1821.
Maranda Jane Vaughan was born 23 Aug 1822 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky and died 23 Jul 1904 in Clinton Co., Kentucky. She married a Pharris (Phares) and a William Huff 28 Feb 1850 in Clinton Co., Kentucky.
John Crittenden Vaughan aborn abt 1818 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky and died after 1880. He married Serena Keeton in Sep 1858.

****I am also connected to the Vaughans through Comfort Claywell's brother Shadrach Claywell who had a son Shadrach Jr. born in 1784 in VA and married Elizabeth Vaughn 30 Dec 1809 in Cumberland Co., Kentucky. She was born about 1787.

I hope all this helps you and anybody else. Please contact this board or me if anyone else out there reading this can add to what I've got. Thank you for letting me help you as I was helped by others today. Marilyn Monson

Vaughn>Johnson

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 8:12PM GMT
Carol, You should check the Vaughan>Vaughn message board, there are many people there that may know whom you are looking for. My Vaughns married into my Johnson family in the early 1800's and then migrated to Mo. Happy Trails, cat johnson

names

carol taylor (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NAMES

I AM LOOKING FOR ANY ONE IN MY FAMILY ,,,IN KY MY MOTHER WAS ALLIE VAUGHN ,HER MOM WAS CORA BRYANT HER MOM MARRIED LEW VAUGHN ,HIS WIFE WAS CORA BRYANT VAUGHN,CORAS DAD WAS BOSLY BRYANT ,HIS DAD WAS SAMUEL BRYANT,MY MOM AD DAD DIED A WIHLE BACK ,I LIVE IN CINCINNATI ,OHIO ,IM WORKING ON MY FAMILY TREE . I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ANY ONE LEFT IN MY FAMILY LINE

Valentine ,Vaughns

Denise Miller (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Valentine, Vaughns
I'm wondering about this Valentine and Vaughn link..
did any of your Vaughns settle around Greenup Co,Ky?
I have a Ella Vaughn married to a Marion Franklin Valentine.. Ella's parent's are listed as coming from WVA and KY in the census for 1890..

Thank-YOu
Denise MIller
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 2:53AM GMT
Edited: 27 Dec 2001 11:47PM GMT
Surnames: Matthews, Hickman, Vaughn, White, Worley, Cassada, Clark
Carol I have a Lewis Vaughn that was born to Hiram Vaughn and Elizabeth Gregory on 21 March 1871 in Wayne County, KY. He died 1949 in McCreary County, KY. and is buried at Hill Top Cemetery, McCreary County. If this ties in with your info contact me at: dink@woh.rr.com

Re: names

carol (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2001 12:33PM GMT
Surnames: vaughn
yes that is the right one . you can email me . thanks carol

Re: Serena Keeton/Vaughan

Posted: 29 Aug 2004 6:04AM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2005 3:44AM GMT
I have info on Maranda Jane Vaughan (Vaughn)'s line if you are interested.

Re: Serena Keeton/Vaughan

Leia (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2005 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Key, Vaughan, McLane, Olive
Do you happen to have any more information about Axum Vaughan? I have a listing for an Axum Vaughan married to Julia Neely. Hope you can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic