Search for content in message boards

Query for Walter W. Walker

Query for Walter W. Walker

Deborah (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2005 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker
Would it be possible to get a lookup for Walter W.Walker?He was born about 1908(possibly KY or Johnson Co.Tenn.have no info to verify) & died March 1968 in Johnson Co.Tenn.He is buried in Campbell Cemetery in Johnson Co.Tenn He married Lissie Arnold about 1921
am trying to find out who his parents were father possibly named John but not sure.Family won't talk about him & have given me no information to help me on my search.Walter is my grandfather in law,& I want to know more about him

Re: Query for Walter W. Walker

Posted: 14 Sep 2005 2:24PM GMT
Deborah,

I will attach some copies of the 1910 through 1930 census for Johson Co. TN that I believe show your Walter. In 1910 you can see a Walter, son of John and Ellen age 4, in 1920 this son seems to now be named Brownlow and a family with a 9 y.o. Lissie Arnold lives nearby., in 1930 Brownlee is still with this parents and now a Lissie Walker is listed as his wife and there appears to be two children (Maggie and Coy). Brownlow and Lissie were married at the age of 16 and 14. I saw an obit on jctcuzins.com for a Brownlow Walker but I can't get to that page any longer.

Hope this helps,

John
Attachments:

John Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2005 3:13PM GMT
Deborah,

I found the obits I was looking for

Obituaries from "The Tomahawk"
ROBERTS, Maggie, 72, Johnson City, TN, formally of Johnson Co., TN, December 19, 1998. Native of Johnson County and was a daughter of the late Brownlow (Walter) and Melissa Arnold Walker. Preceded in death by husband, James Fred Roberts in 1969. Survivors include sister, Dorthy Sweeney, Elizabethton, TN and brothers Joseph Walker and Loyd Walker, both of Elizabethton, TN. Burial: Sunset Memorial Park.

http://jctcuzins.org/obits/johnobit.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Johnson County Obits Index Administration Board
Arnold, Mrs. Martha Church
Posted By: Jerry A. Stout <jstout@earthlink.net> (38.27.1.210)
Date: Sunday, 22 August 1999, at 07:07
Johnson County News, Mountain City, TN Thursday, Nov. 23, 1950 page 1
MRS. MARTHA ARNOLD, 69, Doeville, died at her home after a lingering illness.
Survivors are her husband, John ARNOLD; one daughter, Mrs. W. B. WALKER of Doeville; three sons, Emerson of Neva, Raymond of Elizabethton and Gene of Doeville; one brother, Garfield CHURCH of Neva; four sisters, Mrs. Rebecca TESTER and Mrs. Sara PEARSON, both of Neva, Mrs. Alice WHALEY and Mrs. Dessie GARLAND, both of Elizabethton
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also some collaborative info. Not always dependable but sometimes helpful in getting leads:

Database: Family Data Collection - Individual Records
Name: Lissie Arnold
Spouse: Walter W Walker
Parents: John W A Arnold , Martha E Church
Birth Place: Johnson Co, TN
Birth Date: 27 April 1910
Marriage Date: 1921
Death Place: Parkerville, PA
Death Date: 28 September 1987

Source Information:
Edmund West, comp. Family Data Collection - Individual Records. [database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good hunting,

John

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2005 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Walker
Thanks John I sure appreciate the help.this does help me a lot.
Debbie

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2005 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: Garland
HI John:
This info is great.Lissie is my grandmother.Her place of death is spelled wrong was the only thing I saw wrong with the info.It wasn't Parkersville PA it was Parkesburg PA.All of us grandkids called her Ma.Walter was her husband.Ma was a great lady.Thanks for the info it helped a lot.
Debbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions