Search for content in message boards

Ira Buck Cole & Vaughn & Rehkop descendents

Ira Buck Cole & Vaughn & Rehkop descendents

Posted: 16 May 2008 8:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole, Vaughn, Rehkop
Looking for descendents of Ira Buck Cole who married Mary Frances Brewen in 1865 in Madison county Mo. Ira was a bugler for the 7th Kansas Cavarly during Civil War. Issue:
1. David L. Cole: born 1867, married Josephine Polie, died
1934, Joplin, Mo (my line)
2. Josie Belle Cole: born 1870, marrid George H. Rehkop, di
died 1915, Madison County Mo
3. Mary Elizibeth "Minnie" Cole, born1873, married John W.
Vaughn, died 1916.
Will exchange information. Seeking photo of Ira & Mary Frances & any family stories about Ira that were handed down.

Re: Ira Buck Cole & Vaughn & Rehkop descendents

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 10:07PM GMT
I'm a descendant of Ira Buck Cole - He is my 3rd great grandfather. I don't have much info on him and would appreciate any you may have.

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Vaughn, Rehkopp/Rehkoph
Sorry I'm late to answer but I just found you posted a reply. I thought Ancestry was to let me know but I didn't get a notification in April.

Do you descend from Ira Buck Cole through the Cole, Vaughn, or Rehkop line?

Same as you, I don't have much info on Ira but hope we have different 'tidbits' that help our research.

Best that you contact me at my e-mail address:
FrtSmithMissy@aol.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 22 Jun 2013 1:03PM GMT
June 22...last night I found a 2nd reply from you but, again, Ancestry didn't notify me. Sent 2 messages to you last night but they're not shown today. I'm calling Ancestry Mon to ask about problems.

Meantime, if you live in Fredericktown, you have a Rehkop cousin who lives there. His name is Lon Rehkop & his cell phone # is 573-944-2910. He has my information on Ira Cole.

Hope this message gets to you.

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 2:03PM GMT
Megan...I have 2 or 3 family stories about Ira's youth & how he met his wife Mary F. Brewen.

Hicky Nut Mine Cemetery is on private propety. Our mutal cousin, Lon Rehkop, said cattle have knocked over Ira's grave stone. Last time he was there, the cemetery was so overgrown with vines, leaves,etc that he could hardly find Ira's stone. I have a Google Earth Map that shows where the cemetery is located in a wooded area.

Lon Rehkop lives in Frederickton, Mo, is currently building a new home. In a previous message to you (which I'm not sure you got), I included his phone # so you can contact him.

Again, contact me at my home e-mail address:
FrtSmithMissy@aol.com. I have data on Ira. Gave it to Lon
last year & he has it too.
Hope you've received previous messages.
Missy Carroll. Phone (479)-646-6212 if you want to call me.

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 2:06PM GMT
Megan..Ira Buck Cole's headstone was 'cleaned' a few years ago. Go to Find a Grave & there's a photo of it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions