Search for content in message boards

FAmily tree maker software with Windows 8

FAmily tree maker software with Windows 8

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Windows 8
I find my self having to buy a new program from Family Tre maker as my computer crashed and I do not have a disk to replace the old program in order to add back my info. However, the new computer has Windows 8 on it and the latest version I can find is a 2011 verson on Genealogy.com

I would love to be able to get a 2005 version since that is the one i was using. (I hate updates)

but I am not expecting to find one. So will the version 2011 work with windows 8 if I buy it.

Thanks
Sue

Re: FAmily tree maker software with Windows 8

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 2:34AM GMT
Dop not buy 2011 but rather 2012 or 2014. If you are going to make the change from 2005, then the newest version may be the best choice.

Regards,

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 3:17AM GMT
and FTM2014 can be had for $24...

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: family tree maker
Thank you for you help. I just went ahead and bought the 2014 with shipping it will cost me 32.00 Thats cheaper than Genealogy.com and Best buy has it.

Sue

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 3:20PM GMT
Hi Sue

You are very lucky. I have been trying for two days to order 2014 version but the order form does not speak Canadian. It is stuck on USA. I guess we are not worthy enough.

Maurice

Posted: 28 Aug 2013 4:38PM GMT
I am sorry but they do have an 800 number a person can call. have you tried that. Good luck.

Sue

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 5:45PM GMT
Thanks Sue,

I tried the offer is good only in the States. I guess we are different than Americans and our money is not good enough. I am a bit leery anyway. They are dealing with Avanquest!!!!

Maurice

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 7:27PM GMT
Is there a difference in the product when buying form Avanquest I have never heard of them.

Sue

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 10:35PM GMT
No Sue it does not concern FTM 2014. I am certain it will be a very good product. I have been using FTM since version 16. What I wrote does not concern the product at all.

Have no fear.

Maurice

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 1:26AM GMT
Avanquest is a third party that does the marking of FTM in several NON US of A markets.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions