Search for content in message boards

anyone need a graveyard look-up for St. Rapheal's

anyone need a graveyard look-up for St. Rapheal's

Posted: 7 May 2003 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2003 9:31PM GMT
I have a book that lists the gravestone transcriptions for St. Rapheal's, North Lancaster and Green Valley. If anyone needs a look-up let me know and I'd be happy to share.

Dana

Re: anyone need a graveyard look-up for St. Rapheal's

Mariette (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2003 12:03AM GMT
Hi Dana.
How about a birth, in 1900, in St. Raphael?
Do you access to such records.
Thank you Mariette.

Posted: 9 May 2003 1:10AM GMT
Hi Mariette,

I am sorry, I don't have access to those records yet. I will be purchasing books of transcription eventually but not yet. But I can tell you who to contact to find out.

That would be Albert Villeneuve, s.c. Archivist (and translator). Albert is the Archivist for the Alexandria and Cornwall Diocese (which includes St. Rapheal's) his e:mail address is dialco@bellnet.ca

He is currently undergoing a translation project but will return to genealogy when he is done (this is what he told me) He did say that people are more than welcome to go there and search on thier own (if you are available to do that)

He was very quick about getting bak to me when he had the chance.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Happy Hunting

Dana

Posted: 9 May 2003 4:13AM GMT
Hi Mariette,

I wanted to pass on to you another place to look, and that would be the French Genealogy Society, the are in the Nativity Church next door to Father Villeneuve and apparently there records go up to 1921 on microfilm. I don't know if there is a fee for their service.

I should also have mentioned that my source for the St. Rapheal's transcription is:

Gravestones of Glengarry, by Alex Fraser.

Alex has a website at www.http//members.tripod.com/~GLENGARRY/index.html

I did a disservice to Alex and his hard work by not stating my source. Alex has a number of good references on his website and I recommend in Glengarry Research.

Thanks

Dana

Mariette (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2003 12:09PM GMT
Thank you so much Dana for the link to Alex.
I am from Glengarry county and would have a few to check .
Thanks again.

Posted: 12 May 2003 1:34PM GMT
Surnames: Sauve, Sabourin
Hi Dana: I may be grasping at straws, but I show 2 of my family members from St. Rapheal and we are unsure as to where they were buried. I have John Pierre (Peter) Sauve and he was married to Cecilia Sabourin (we are unsure if that was her legal name). Was hoping they were buried together. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Tammy

Posted: 12 May 2003 3:06PM GMT
Hi Tammy,

I'm sorry but couldn't find your people in the book I have. I should have credited the author of the book and listed the title. His name is Alex Fraser and the book is Graveyards of Glengarry Vol. 3.

Alex has a number of of other cemetery transcription books as well as a lot of other Glengarry and area books that could be of value to your research. Here is his website:

http://members.tripod.com/~GLENGARRY

This is the main website, which links you to his other ones.

Hope this helps.

Dana

Posted: 14 May 2003 12:57PM GMT
Thank you so much for your help Dana, I will give it a try :-)
Tammy

Ruth (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2003 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: CAMERON
I am researching my mother's ancestry. She died when I was 16 y/o. I want to know about her side of the family.
What I have is that her Camerons were settled in Glengarry Co., in the area of St. Raphael's.

WOuld you have info. on what Cameron's are buried at St. Raphael's?

What about info. about a marriage? My William Cameron,Sr., married Mary McCormick in 1820 at St. Raphael's.... People present at the wedding?

Posted: 26 May 2003 3:11AM GMT
Hi,

I should tell you first off the book I am using as a reference is:
Graveyard's of Glengarry Vol. 3 by Alex Fraser. Alex's website is http://members.tripod.com/~GLENGARRY/index.html

I don't have any information on births or marriages, but you might find something at Alex's website, he has a number books available.

Here are the Camerons that I found in the book:

Annie McDonald 1896 - _____ beloved wife of John Allen Cameron 1891______

In Loving Memory of Hugh J. Cameron Sept 11, 19041 - Feb 16, 1973 Beloved Husband of Sybil Grant.
"We Shall Meet Again in Paradise"

Duncan McKinnon Died Jan 16, 1898 ae 65 yrs Requiescant in Pace. "Gone but not Forgotten. His wife Mary Cameron died Jan 28, 1932 ae 85 yrs.

Allan Archie 1885-1958, His Wife Isabel Cameron 1888-1980, Daughter Gertrude 1923-1926

Hughie Cameron Born June 20, 1847 Died May 11, 1887 "May his soul rest in peace amen" erected by his wife

Hugh Cameron Born June 22, 1885 died April 15, 1984

John Cameron died Dec. 1, 1863 ae 65 yrs. His wife Bella McMillan Died Nov. 24, 1886 ae 80 yrs. "Requiescat in Pace" Erected by thier son John Cameron.
Bella Cameron died Nov 10, 1888 ae 47 yrs. "Requiescat in Pace"
John Cameron died Sept. 1918, his Wife Catherine McDonell died July 1928

Hellen Cameron wife of John MCDonell 1824 - 1924
(there are others buried around this stone who are not Cameron's)

That's all of them, hope this helps.

Dana

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions