Search for content in message boards

William Johns (Chester & Franklin County, PA)

William Johns (Chester & Franklin County, PA)

Posted: 6 Sep 2002 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johns, Campbell
Looking for information on William Johns married to Isabella Campbell. William was born in Chester County, PA (probably around 1755) and died in Franklin County, PA. He and Isabella had 8 children: Samuel, Enoch, Jacob, Margaret, Amos, Rachel, Thomas and James.

Re: William Johns (Chester & Franklin County, PA)

Grace Schilling (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2002 1:22PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2002 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: JOHNS
Stacey,
What information are you looking for? I too am from this family through James.

Posted: 1 Oct 2002 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2003 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Johns, Nicholson
I am looking for his parents, dates and places of birth, marriage and death. Also any siblings.

I am related through both Enoch and James.
Enoch's son Israel married James' daughter Lydia Ann. They had a daughter Mary Elizabeth Johns who married William Dexter Nicholson. They were my ggg-grandparents. My maiden name is Nicholson.

Posted: 16 Feb 2003 5:38AM GMT
Hello!
Stumbled across this message while seaching for family on my grandmother's side. Her GGrandfather was Enoch and Grandfather was Joseph. I remember her telling me that he had twin brothers Israel and Isaac ( not sure if the twin part is true). Would appreciate any info you can share and I would share what I have also. Have not been woking on this extensively - am just getting into this part of my family history.

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 11:47PM GMT
Enoch was my gggrandfather. He and his wife, Anna Peebles had 12 children. The tenth born was Joseph I. Johns born in 1837. My records show that he and his wife had 6 children but none were twins.

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 5:34PM GMT
Wow! What a surprise to get an answer after so long. I think Israel and Isaac were Joseph's brothers, not children. Do you have names of Enoch's and Joseph's children? I have names my grandmother gave me, but hard to know who was who. Through which of Enoch's children are you descended?

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 6:01PM GMT
Enoch was the son of William and Isabella John. Their children were James, Margaret, Rachel, Samuel, Thomas, Amos and Enoch.

Enoch married Anna Mary Peebles and their children were Ruben, Israel, Martha, Mary, William, John S., Benjamin Franklin, Nancy, Isabella, Joseph L. Elizabeth and Wilson Peebles. Wilson is my great Grandfather.

Joseph L married Ellen Good and their children were Elisa, Harvey, Henry H. George Washington, William and Sarah Mary.

There was an Isaac who was the son James ( son of William and Isabella)

Do you have any dates?

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 8:32PM GMT
Joseph Johns son of James Johns and Lydia Forrester married Ellen Good.
Joseph Johns son of Enoch Johns and Anna Peebles married Martha Alcorn.
Sorry but I am on vacation and do not have my research files with me. If you email me after 06 October I can give you more details.

Posted: 16 Jun 2010 12:19PM GMT
The chester county historical society has a wealth of information concerning the JOHNS family of Chester county!
You can call them and see if they will research for you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions