Search for content in message boards

Families from Graz

Families from Graz

Posted: 9 Jun 2010 12:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weiss,Klinger
I'm trying to locate information for my family tree. My grandmother's maiden name was Weiss. Her father was John Weiss (b. ca 1875) and her mother was Louisa (Lucy) Klinger (b. 24 Jun 1881). I know that Lucy was born in Graz, and I believe John was also, but I'm not 100% sure about him. Census records seem to indicate that John came to America in 1905, and I believe Lucy came the following year, but I've found no records to confirm that. I have been unable to locate any information on their parents or any immigration/emigration records.

If anyone has any information on either of these families, I would appreciate it if you could share.

Matt

Re: Families from Graz

Posted: 18 Jul 2010 5:35PM GMT
ask for Lucy (Aloisia or Luise in Austria)Klinger and Johann Weiss at the roman.cath.diocesanarchive in Graz:
http://www.graz-seckau.at/dioezesanarchiv/

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 6:01AM GMT
Hi Matt,

I too am researching my family in Graz - the Markl/Markel family as well as Weiss. My great great great grandmother was Theresia Weiss. She married Franz Markl a master tailor in Graz in 1807, was born around 1789(I don't know exactly where) and died in 1827 in Graz. Her father was listed as a landschaftlichen kannoniers which literally means landscape gunner - so perhaps was a hunter?
Maybe this helps.

Best,

Rick Markell

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 6:34PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic