Search for content in message boards

Chevalley

Chevalley surname

PIECE (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
According to the 'Livre d'or des familles vaudoises' the Chevalley family of Champtauroz is mentionned since 1432.

Champtauroz microfilms for birth (1622-1875), birth (1572-1574 see Granges-près-Marnand) mariage (1637-1875) and death (1728-1875)are available in any mormons centers or at the Archives Cantonales Vaudoises at Lausanne.

If you give me more details about your branch I can forward you request to the members of the Cercle Vaudois de Genealogie. Some people are working on Chevalley families. You can have a look on our very provisory site at

http://www.omedia.ch/pages/peos/cvg/

Official site will be open the next year.

Chevalley

Stephen Frampton (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chevalley
I am currently trying to trace record of the Chevalley family. My wifes family are the only Chevalleys in England having moved there from Switzerland about 1820. We have traced the family back to Champtauroz near Lausanne and have researched back to about 1710. Can anyone assist with any further information on the name. Due to time and financial constraints we are unable to visit Switzerland at the present time, is there anyone who would be prepared to help with our research?

Family Research

Tracie King (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am Looking for Chevalley ancestors from Switzerland
My great grand father Jean Alphonce Chevalley son of Jean Pierre Chevalley and Marie Francoice (nee) Guignard seemed to be the only one of his family who came to Australia back in the early 1870's. I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who maybe related to this family.

Chevalley

Robin Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chevalley, Redard
I have been working on my husband's ancestry and have an Alphonse Gene Chevalley married to Marie Redard in Lonay, Switzerland, abt 1872. His parents are John and Mary. His descendants are around Maclean, NSW. Are you related to them.
Posted: 6 Jul 2003 2:44PM GMT
There are lots of Chevalleys on http://www.derivaz.com/tree.htm

Not exactly the one you are looking for, but maybe there is something there to help.

--
Sincerely, John de Rivaz: http://John.deRivaz.com for websites including Cryonics Europe, Longevity Report, The Venturists, Porthtowan, Alec Harley Reeves - inventor, Arthur Bowker - potter, de Rivaz genealogy, Nomad .. and more

Re: Chevalley surname

Posted: 9 Nov 2003 7:44AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2004 12:00AM GMT
I have some information about Chevalley from Montreux and am a Chevalley also. Please contact me at chiweenie@hotmail.com but specify Chevalley surname so I will find it in all the junk mail. I was getting so much junk mail I had to sort before I get it. I have baptismal records, birth records from Switzerland which may or may not have some of your wife's names in them. just in case get ahold of me. thanks, Robin Barnett

Re: Family Research

Posted: 9 Nov 2003 9:38AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2004 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Pierre Francoise Chevalley, Mame Louise Chevalley,Susanne Marie Chevalley
My G grandfather Leon D'Montreux Chevalley was born to Peirre Francois Chevalley and Suzanne Marie Chablox (can't read the french fancy writing),
Some of the nae is the same, maybe, and the next entry in the registry I have says Demiree, Louise Emilie the daughter of Jean Francois Lorif (writing odd again) and Mamie Louise Chevalley de Chardonne domicilies au chateau du chataelan adn then the page is chopped off by the copying machine.

This is the info I have.

My great grandfather Leon came from Montreux where he was a professor who taught agriculture to the crown heads of europe, we have pictures and letters with stuff from the crown prince of montenegro and all that sort of fancy royal stuff.

Anyway, he came to British Columbia with four of his children, four boys, Frank, Leon, Peter and Paul and fathered two children here , I think with another wife, Alois, but that may be wrong too, anyway, the names of the two children here were Victor and Marguierete.

Leon d'Montreux Chevalley died in British Columbia and I am trying to find the way back past the Swis information about his baptism and marriage certificates I have.
If you send me anything please list it under Chevalley, I have to screen my mail.

Re: Family Research- Chevalley

Posted: 9 Nov 2003 4:29PM GMT
Edited: 2 Nov 2004 11:18PM GMT
Robin, I have tried to email you but these have been returned. Please email me at steve@framptons.net so that we can discuss the family Chevalley research

Posted: 22 May 2010 9:42AM GMT
Hi my name is Janet Chevalley and i am related to this family. They are my father's Great grandparents. I'd be interested to share information with you.

Thank you Janet.

Posted: 28 Oct 2010 3:03PM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2012 5:34PM GMT
Hi Janet

You can contact me direct on steve@denmead.net

Regards Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions