Search for content in message boards

Lottie Adams

Lottie Adams

Posted: 5 Apr 2008 10:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cade, Adams
Hello,

Can some please do an obituary look-up for Lottie Adams? She was originally born near Benton, LA (early 1900's and maybe died somewhere in the 1970's?). She lived the majority of her life in St, Louis, MO. Her maiden name is Cade.

Thanks,
Erica

Re: Lottie Adams

Posted: 5 Apr 2008 11:32AM GMT
I found one listing for a Lottie Adams in St. Louis but I don't have any dates...
This is found at http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/MINOR/2000-09/...

BRIDGETON MEMORIAL PARK, Bridgeton, Missouri This burying ground at
4616 Long Road was made into a memorial park in 1962. In 1959 several lawsuits were filed against the City for allowing the cemetery to deteriorate. Individual stones had already been removed "through error and misunderstanding" but members of the Bridgeton Historical
Commission were able to learn the names of some who were buried there and a large monument was erected in 1963 which bears this inscription, "We honor
the people buried here. They were part of this nation's adventure and their vision lighted the path we follow today."
At the dedication ceremonies, Mrs. Anna Wilson gave a talk about African-American veterans who are buried here. Records indicate that the cemetery was integrated from its beginning. It was in use as late as 1954 and at least 100 people are buried in the two acres. On the bronze plaque of the monument are the following names:
> >> Adams, Lottie

no dates available
Becki
Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness volunteer
St. Louis, Missouri area
www.RAOGK.org

Posted: 5 Apr 2008 2:24PM GMT
Surnames: Adams, Cade
Hi Becki,

I don't think I have ever had anyone respond as quickly as you did. Many Thanks... I'm not however sure if this is the same Lottie Adams. I could have sworn she was still alive in the 1970's. Can you think of anyone or any organization I could reach out to that could cross reference this?

Cordially,
Erica

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 3:16PM GMT
Surnames: Adams
findagrave site: there is a picture of stone
Greenwood Cemetery
Hillsdale
St. Louis County
Missouri, USA
Lottie Adams same stone as Willie D. Adams. Also "Mo Death certificate" for Willie Adams ( Feb 20 1957 ) lists Lillie Mae Adams for the informant. Her side of stone has no death date
per page

Find a board about a specific topic