Search for content in message boards

Problems with Sex fact (Gender) in FTM2012

Problems with Sex fact (Gender) in FTM2012

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 5:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is interesting. In FTM2012 I just noticed that there are 58 persons in my tree with the sex (gender) appearing as "Unknown". When I view them in the "Family" tab, the sex appears as "Unknown". When I view them in the "Person" tab, the sex sometimes appears correctly as either Male or Female.

What's even more interesting is that some people in my FTM2012 tree have more than one "Sex" fact. One person has six "Sex" facts, all indicating Male on the "Person" tab, but his sex appears as "Unknown" on the "Family" tab. This has got to be an error in the software since there is no way for the end user to add additional Sex facts.

When I try to change the sex on the "Family" tab from Unknown to Male or Female, it automatically goes back to Unknown. When I try to change the sex on the "Person" tab, it takes there but it still shows up as "Unknown" on the "Family" tab.

Re: Problems with Sex fact (Gender) in FTM2012

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 5:19AM GMT
Is your tree linked to ancestry? I had this issue once and I don't recall exactly how I resolved it, but I think I had to delete the alternate facts from the ancestry side. At the time, I figured out what caused but now I don't remember what it was

Re: Problems with Sex fact (Gender) in FTM2012

Posted: 12 Feb 2014 7:13PM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2014 9:38PM GMT
Did you find the solution?
I just ran into this problem too. A family I added to my tree on ancestry now have several children with gender unknown. I couldn't fix it in FTM.
Fixing the gender on my tree in ancestry, then syncing doesn't fix it.
---
Ok, what seems to have worked for me was:
In ancestry, fix the "sex" of problem people
Sync
In the FTM: go into profile, I now had multiple sex/gender facts for each problem person
Change the preferred fact to one of the other entries
Delete all other Sex facts.

The problem appears to be resolved.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic