Search for content in message boards

Anthony Stewart Looney

Replies: 1

Anthony Stewart Looney

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 12:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Looney
I am looking for information about the family of Anthony Stewart Looney. My problem is that I have TWO Anthony S. Looneys and I can't tell them apart.

I show Anthony Stewart Looney b. October 8, 1825 in Franklin County, Tennessee son of Benjamin Looney III (Benjamin,Junior; Benjamin,Senior; Robert,Junior; Robert,Senior as line of descent). He is married to Jane Elizabeth Collins and they have eight children. Among these children are a son Lewis b. 1860 (m. Malinda Baker) and a daughter, Rachel Elizabeth b. 3-30-1864 (m. James Andrew McGuire.

I also show a second wife for Anthony Stewart by the name of Margaret. I have no further info on her, but I do show TWO children for Anthony and Margaret: Lewis b. 1860 (m. Malinda Baker) and Rachel Elizabeth b. 3-30-1864 (m. James Andrew McGuire.

To complicate matters even more, I have Benjamin Looney Junior (Benjamin, Sr; Robert Jr; Robert Sr.) having a son named Anthony who has a son names Anthony S. Looney who, in turn, has a wife named Margaret and two children named Lewis and Rachel Elizabeth. This Anthony S. Looney and his children,Lewis and Rachel, all have identically the same info as Anthony Stewart Looney I mentioned above and his children.

HELP!! Are there TWO Anthony S. Looneys? If not, who do I delete? Who is the correct father for Anthony S. Looney, Benjamin III or Anthony son of Benjamin Junior?

Who do these children REALLY belong to? Who is there mother and who is Margaret married to. In fact, does Margaret even EXIST?

The Looney has a tradition of reusing given names, but this is the first time I have come across a puzzle like this that I could not unravel with a little time and patience.

If there is anyone who can help me figure this out or knows someone who can, PLEASE respond. Whether you have info about this or not, thanks for "listening".

Wonderkin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wonderkin 4 Feb 2012 7:28PM GMT 
slooney08 31 Jan 2013 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic