Search for content in message boards

New York Vital Records

Replies: 16

New York Vital Records

Posted: 22 Jun 2010 10:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
I actually posted this to another thread before noticing this one. This is probably the better place to post it.

I have run into a problem obtaining vital records from the state of New York. You cannot get a copy of a record even when you pay for it. Example: (this part is fact) I actually have a copy of my Grandfather's and my Uncle's birth certs. They are in poor condition, so I wanted new copies. I filled out the forms, paid the fees and even furnished the certificate numbers to aid the search. I was informed that there is no such record of my Grandfather and they just kept my money. (keep in mind that I have the certificate in hand) My Uncle has tried and paid 3 times now as he needs a copy of his own birth certificate. Again, they keep his money and send nothing. He even traveled to Albany to pick one up and was told that they would have to mail it. It has been about 2 years now...still nothing.

(this part is just my opinion) Quite a great scam if you think about it. Collect money all day and send nothing. They probably didn't even try to search it, just denied it...sort of like the insurance companies did with initial claims immediately following Hurricane Katrina.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
typhon11 23 Jun 2010 4:49AM GMT 
Sharri Rhoden 9 Sep 2010 5:49PM GMT 
Anonymous 28 Mar 2011 9:43PM GMT 
petriska 2 Dec 2010 1:30PM GMT 
familytrace4f... 4 Sep 2012 8:11PM GMT 
petriska 4 Sep 2012 9:52PM GMT 
familytrace4f... 5 Sep 2012 1:36AM GMT 
petriska 5 Sep 2012 1:40AM GMT 
familytrace4f... 5 Sep 2012 1:48AM GMT 
richardmw3 9 Mar 2013 3:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions