Search for content in message boards

Robert GROSS of Butler County, Kentucky

Replies: 6

Robert GROSS of Butler County, Kentucky

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 11:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm a beginner to genealogy research, but my mother has asked me to find out more about her grandfather, Robert GROSS. As I'm stuck in a day job and not able to freely travel to the area in question, I've only been able to search on-line for answers.

He lived in Butler County, Kentucky, and was born in 1882. In 1925 he died and I have found two Kentucky Death Certificates for him. One had Minnie Gross, my great-grandmother, as the informant and the other had William GROSS as the informant. Nearly everything matches except for that, and the fact that William filled out Robert's parent section fully.

According to William, Robert's parents were George GROSS and Martha WASHINGTON. There were several men with the name George Gross who might have been Robert's father, and I can't figure out which one.

If anyone knows more about this family, I'd love to hear about it. I'd like to find out who Robert's father was, and the icing on the cake would be to know why there were two death certificates, and who William was.

Thanks!

Mildred Perkins mlperkin@indiana.edu
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
squishybrain 15 Nov 2011 6:28PM GMT 
mebateman1 5 Dec 2011 7:36PM GMT 
squishybrain 6 Dec 2011 8:53PM GMT 
mebateman1 6 Dec 2011 9:39PM GMT 
squishybrain 7 Dec 2011 8:16PM GMT 
WANDANEWBOLT 28 Nov 2012 4:11AM GMT 
squishybrain 11 Dec 2012 4:30PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic