Search for content in message boards

Not GenealogyBank.com

Replies: 2

Not GenealogyBank.com

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 7:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
I recommend you do not subscribe to Genealogybank.com. The index they show is not accurate - also, they use fraudulent business tactics.

For example, I was looking for specific dates of the Chicago Times. GB claimed they had a range that included those dates. However, once I subscribed I found that the years I needed were not there. They claim to have 11/2/1854 – 7/3/1888 but there are holes years wide.

Also, once I had gotten to the 'subscribe now' page I could not get to any other page to look at what was or was not there - I was instantly redirected to the subscription page every time. They must be using cookies to do that but that is not indicated on their site.

Also, once you subscribe you are automatically renewed. This is not obvious when you subscribe. You must call to get your account canceled - meaning you will be fed to a sales team whose job it is to not let you cancel, and there will be no paper trail that shows when and why you wanted to cancel. There is no legal reason an email cannot be used to cancel or change.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lbragg 7 Nov 2012 2:24PM GMT 
LHSwisher 15 Nov 2012 2:54AM GMT 
falsterden 5 Mar 2013 1:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic