Search for content in message boards

SS Oder - January 17, 1881??

Replies: 4

SS Oder - January 17, 1881??

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Heelein
Hi there - My grandfather passed away last month and we found a large amount of photographs in his house of our ancestors... things we didn't even know existed. None of us know much about our heritage, so I've been piecing it together. I came across a letter a woman had written to my grandfather several years back... I got in touch with her and she had information I haven't been able to find anywhere. I was hoping to view the information myself to add to a family photo album I'm creating. Here is what she said: My great great grand father Joseph Heelein left his family in Germany for five years to work in the United States (around 1876) The family lived in Eiersdorf, Germany.  In 1881, he returned to Germany to bring Katharina (Catherine, his wife), Clara, Anna, Rosalina and Joseph to the United States. The ship they traveled on was ODER.  It came from Bremen, Germany and Southampton, England.  It arrived in New York on January 17, 1881. 

I've googled but haven't been able to find the ships logs for that date, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot. The last name is Heelein. Any help anybody can give me, would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse Adams
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jesseadams805 17 Nov 2012 12:28AM GMT 
LostQuays 17 Nov 2012 2:05AM GMT 
jesseadams805 17 Nov 2012 2:17AM GMT 
LostQuays 17 Nov 2012 2:20AM GMT 
jesseadams805 17 Nov 2012 2:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions