Search for content in message boards

Great Yarmouth Pubs , Albert LARN licensee, previously fisherman, and Florence Emma LARN

Replies: 7

Great Yarmouth Pubs , Albert LARN licensee, previously fisherman, and Florence Emma LARN

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2006 11:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2011 8:19AM GMT
Surnames: LARN , ALEXANDER
Getting desperate to find more info, live in Cheshire and need to travel to Norfolk soon to sort this out.

My dad's dad married Florence Emma Larn who was born in 1891. She died in 1967 so I only knew her when I was small. She married in 1918 to William Dimelow and had her first child Florence Maud in 1918 at 1 Grosvenor Road G Yarmouth AUNT EMMA M ALEXANDER WAS PRESENT AT THE BIRTH AND LIVED AT 23 CLARENCE ROAD YARMOUTH. IF YOU ARE A DESCENDANT PLEASE CONTACT ME. My dad is in v poor health and I dearly wish to find more of his history asap. He met his mum's sister in 1955 when he spent his honeymoon in Yarmouth. He thinks his own dad created bad feeling in the family and contact was lost with Yarmouth. Florence Emma's resting place is her father's grave in Gorleston.

I think Florence Emma's dad Albert Larn was running a pub when she married. I know he died about 1935 and was born 1863 and married Mary Ann Alexander on 8 April 1888 atThe Parish Church of Great Yarmouth -DOES THIS STILL EXIST? Albert and Mary Ann were living in the Row's in 1888, DO ANY OF THESE STILL EXIST? Albert's marriage certificate has no father entered. DOES ANYONE ALREADY HAVE ANY HISTORY ON THESE LARN'S? I am totally stuck with his history otherwise.

In 1901 Albert wasn't at home on the census so I'm hoping he was out fishing. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I COULD FIND OUT WHAT BOAT OR BOAT'S HE WORKED ON? He had son's older and younger than Florence Emma too DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANY OF THEM? I found a record of Albert running a pub that had been run previously by Daniel Alexander which is also his father in law's name. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN FIND RECORDS OF LICENSEE'S IN YARMOUTH FROM 1900 ONWARDS?

Lastly I have found a 1901 census return for Dan'l Alexander age 57 Master of Steam Tug born Loddon Norfolk and living at 112 Havelock Road Yarmouth. His wife Mary Ann Alexander age 55 born Yarmouth and their son Edward Alexander a cooper and age 18, yet another link to the sea and to pubs. WELL NORFOLK FOLK CAN YOU HELP?

Sandra
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sandra 22 Feb 2006 6:56PM GMT 
Geoffers 22 Feb 2006 11:52PM GMT 
elmgrove30 10 Jun 2011 4:39PM GMT 
Robert Ian Ra... 5 May 2013 4:02PM GMT 
elmgrove30 5 May 2013 5:36PM GMT 
richardlarn 18 Aug 2012 5:58PM GMT 
HeatherJillK 19 Aug 2012 2:33PM GMT 
charleshadley... 19 Aug 2012 5:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions