Search for content in message boards

Improvements Severely Needed: Photo Organization or a plugin into Adobe Photoshop Album

Replies: 2

Improvements Severely Needed: Photo Organization or a plugin into Adobe Photoshop Album

Posted: 26 Nov 2005 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ok,

I hope the programmers of familytreemaker software get this.

While your "scrapbook" option is wonderful, you must improve on it tremendously.

Now, I don't care if you use the same model they do or make a plugin to it (which would be ideal) but you have to find a way to:

A. Import large images into your database, and retain them in their native format (.psd, .jpg, .png, whatever).

B. Tag those images to the people in the photo. For example, I have a photo of a branch of my family from 1917 which has roughly 20 people in it. You need to make it possible for us to be able to link (ideally drag and drop) that photo to all 20 people. And, eventually put an overlay so we can identify the name to the face (like having a little option on the side to identify the person).

C. Improve the "Zoom" options, so they are in plenty of other ratios than 108% and 34% and all that nonsense. Make them even amounts so they are visible and make a click option to make them be able to go full screen to show people who they are (like a presentation).

That way, we can use familytreemaker to properly identify as most of us will eventually scan in all of our photos (professionally or slowly by hand).

Now, Adobe Photoshop Album does this already, so it might be good to work with them so you don't have to re-invent the wheel (and so that we can simultaneously organize our photos with friends, which will go outside your database), but this is simply improving the functionality, so you could also do it in-house. I, again, want to emphasize that this would be great to link into other programs, since people have photos with friends, also, but it's your call.

There is no genealogy program that does this yet, and it would be great if you were to get it now, since I know i'm not the only one wanting it.

Thanks,

Jason
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jasonireal 27 Nov 2005 4:14AM GMT 
jjsdj 27 Nov 2005 4:41AM GMT 
takvah 18 May 2013 10:38PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions