I am posting this information in hopes of getting new leads on this Owens family of Wayne Co Ky.
Stephen Owens born 1795 (probably son of Enoch and Sarah Owens) married Susannah Elizabeth Higginbotham born 1801(daughter of Andrew Higginbotham and Nancy Ann Moss) 6 May 1820 in Wayne Co Kentucky.
They had the following children:
1. ELIJAH born 1821 married Elizabeth Morrow on 29 Feb 1844 in Wayne Co Ky
2. JAMES E. born 1824 married Amanda J Morrow on 20 Nov 1847 in Wayne Co Ky
3. GORDON C. born 1826 married Mary Mariah Baker on 9 Dec 1848 in Wayne Co Ky
4. ENOCH born 1829 married Marjory Jones on 4 April 1852 in Wayne Co Ky
5. GEORGE W. born 1830 married Rebecca Ann Flinn on 30 Dec 1855 in Wayne Co Ky
6. NANCY ANN born 1832 married William Morrow on 16 April 1848 in Wayne Co Ky
7. MATILDA JANE born 1836 married John Pendley on 2 Feb 1854 in Wayne Co Ky
8. CLERISSA born 1838
9. SAMUEL born 1840
10. SARAH E. born 1842 married John Tucker on 6 March 1861 in Wayne Co Ky
11. CHARLES born 1844 married Sarah Flinn in 1866.
This information is from census, deed, and marriage records.
I believe Stephen Owens sister to be Elizabeth Roberts, wife of Henry Roberts. On the 1820 census, they are living close to Enoch Owens.
Elizabeth (Owens) and Henry Roberts named sons Enoch O. Roberts and Elisha E. Roberts (these are Owens names). Their first daughter was named Sarah. This fits the Enoch and Sarah Owens who were in Wayne Co Ky until 1820 when they removed to Tennessee. In 1830 they are in McNairy Co Tn and are still there in 1850.
According to census records this Enoch and Sarah Owens could have had 16 or more children.
Anyone have any info on this?
For another connection of the Owens and Roberts........
Stephen Owens estate was divided between 11 children and 8 of the 11 children sold their share of the estate (land) to Andrew Jackson Roberts, son of Elizabeth (Owens) and Henry Roberts.
Are Enoch Owens and Peter Owens brothers? They are on the 1810 census of Wayne Co Ky living close to each other.
Would be happy to share information on this line.