Search for content in message boards

Got my DNA results back - some opinions needed...

Replies: 4

Got my DNA results back - some opinions needed...

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 5:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Nov 2012 5:57AM GMT
I'm reaching out because I have really no experience with geneoligcal research so I kind of wanted to just throw out what I think my DNA results mean and if people agree or disagree, I'd really appreciate the help. I did this test because I don't know my father, so half of me is a question mark and this means a lot to me.

My results were...

49% Central European
34% Eastern European
13% Scandavian
3% Unknown.

Well A lot of people in my family tree (mom's side obv) are from Luxemberg so I know the half German is correct. My ancestors date back to Scotland, so I was surprised to see none of that. BUT I read that Norweigans invaded Scotland, so maybe we're really Norweigan but just settled in Scotland (any opinions on this?). And the 3% unknown I'm assuming is my Native American Side (My grandfather was a quarter Seminole). So all of that I was able to reason to make sense... except for the Eastern European... no one in my family was ever said to be from there... or ever even go there. I'm over a third of this and I'm surprised that I've never heard of it before. I was thinking maybe it was from my father's side, since I don't know him that would make sense, but my mother said he was German. Could it be a mistake? Being over a third of something and never hearing of it before, or finding it in my tree, seems odd. Could it be a mistake or on my father's side? My mother is going to do the test soon so I'm hoping that'll shed some light.

I'd love some opinions on if my reasoning is well... reasonable.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tonyaallyn 17 Nov 2012 12:56PM GMT 
Kelly Wheaton 17 Nov 2012 2:55PM GMT 
tonyaallyn 17 Nov 2012 3:55PM GMT 
cyndi308 18 Nov 2012 1:34AM GMT 
tonyaallyn 18 Nov 2012 12:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions