Search for content in message boards

Tierneys of Killeenadeema, Loughrea, Galway to San Francisco, Ca.

Replies: 27

Tierneys of Killeenadeema, Loughrea, Galway to San Francisco, Ca.

Posted: 26 May 2009 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tierney, Ford, Broderick, OMalley, Joyce, Scahill, Tully, King, Silvers, Sprigler, Brady, Mooney, Nee, Connors, Lowry, Lynch, Kelly, Curren, Littlejohn, Bennett, Egan, Greeley,
Looking for Relatives of John, b. 1800-1820. Married to Bridget Ford, dau of Francis or Frank. Children Thomas, Ann Hanora and James were born in Killeenadeema 1833 thru 1841. John and children arrived 1853. First lived in Troy, NY. John moved to NJ, where he died about 1860. Thomas married Mary Broderick, whose Waterford, Ireland family settled in Newburyport, Mass. No children.
Nora married a Mooney, who died in Randolph Co.,WV in 1860. Her son, James Mooney m Catherine Lombard and raised a large family in San Francisco. Nora married John Greeley and their daughter, Agnes married James Eagan in SF. Their 4 children lived their lives in the Bay Area.
My gggrandfather, James Tierney married Ellen OMalley and raised 9 children in Amador County, Ca, after marrying in 1867 in Louisville, KY, while staying with the Tully's. Later moving to San Francisco around 1900, they lived on Dubose and Clinton Place. Tierney sisters lived there until the last one died in 1969.
Ellen Omalley's mother, (our family says Bridget King, some say Cecelia Joyce) married a Tierney after her first husband died. These Tierneys lived in Pittsburg and were very close to the Tully's of Louisville, Ky ( Ellen's sister, Mary E.'s family). Patrick and Molly Tierney may have been related to my Tierney family.
Ellen's other sisters, Ann Joyce and Cecilia Scahill, lived in Shawnee, Perry Co. Ohio and Coalton, WV. The Joyce family later moved to Pittsburgh. One of the Scahill sons moved to the Monterey area in Calif.
Anyone connected to these families, please contact me to help fill in the blanks. My family tree is available on this site for viewing. Surnames I've listed are additional families that have married into the Tierney - OMalley family. I have a family history book that notes them to be cousins but not all connections are clear.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TinaHavelka 26 May 2009 6:45AM GMT 
ColleenRussel... 31 May 2009 8:08PM GMT 
TinaHavelka 1 Jun 2009 4:10AM GMT 
ColleenRussel... 1 Jun 2009 2:31PM GMT 
TinaHavelka 2 Jun 2009 4:10AM GMT 
ColleenRussel... 2 Jun 2009 4:24PM GMT 
2007EDBIONIC 3 Jun 2009 7:47PM GMT 
ColleenRussel... 4 Jun 2009 3:00PM GMT 
2007EDBIONIC 4 Jun 2009 3:05PM GMT 
TinaHavelka 5 Jun 2009 4:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions