Search for content in message boards

Hobbs or Nobles Cemetery located in western Ouachita Parish on Arkansas Road was in 1883?

Replies: 1

Hobbs or Nobles Cemetery located in western Ouachita Parish on Arkansas Road was in 1883?

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 11:22AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Sullivan, Hobbs, Nobles, Butler
Has anyone ever heard of a Hobbs or Nobles Cemetery located in western Ouachita Parish on Arkansas Road was in 1883?

I have been researching my 3rd Great Grandfather, Michael Sullivan, who was an Irish Immigrant born in England, and spendt most of his adult life in Ouachita Parish. I believe that Sullivan was born around 1825 and came to Ouachita Parish alone with no family by 1850.

If you look here, https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wI_uKSPWPKM/TYsmrX66ADI/A... - as you can see, it shows that he died February 3, 1883 in Ouachita Parish, and it lists a graveyard that is either titled "Nobles Graveyard" or "Hobbs Graveyard," on Arkansas Road, depending on how you read the writing. (This would possibly be what we now consider "Old Arkansas Road."

I suspect that it is Nobles Graveyard, but there were Hobbs families in the western portion of Ouachita Parish while I have not been able to find much record of any Nobles families.

Most all of Sullivan's descendants are buried in Butler Cemetery, which is only about a mile to the east of where Sullivan lived in 1883, and Butler is located on Old Arkansas Road. But the oldest record I can locate in Butler is a burial in 1894. Maybe this was the name of a family burial plot? I've not been able to find any record of a cemetery named Hobbs or Nobles.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions or help!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lukejletlow1 25 Mar 2011 5:22PM GMT 
Marlon Ebey 26 Mar 2011 12:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic