Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 sync and media files

Replies: 5

FTM 2012 sync and media files

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 4:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
When I upload a tree to ancestry.com from FTM 2011 I can exclude media files. Am I correct that this is not possible with the sync feature of FTM 2012 and a linked tree on ancestry.com? I would at least expect a way to mark media as private or as an item to be ignored in the sync process. Otherwise it would seem that ancestry.com is exposing itself to a great deal of copyright protected material finding its way onto their web site. We all have media files we have downloaded from ancestry.com that I would never think of posting on another web site, and I'm sure that many of us likewise have media files from sites or sources other than ancestry.com that should likewise not be posted on ancestry.com. I would think that all media files should be by default excluded from uploads or via the sync process unless individually marked otherwise by the user to be included. This might demonstrate ancestry.com's good faith effort in controlling the amount of copyrighted material showing up on their website.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DennisHessey 25 Feb 2012 11:33PM GMT 
tulrose 25 Feb 2012 11:42PM GMT 
DennisHessey 26 Feb 2012 12:21AM GMT 
Lindsay Boyd 26 Feb 2012 3:25AM GMT 
DennisHessey 26 Feb 2012 5:09AM GMT 
Lindsay Boyd 26 Feb 2012 5:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic