Search for content in message boards

FTM 2 for MAC Sync Problems

Replies: 30

FTM 2 for MAC Sync Problems

Posted: 13 Apr 2012 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Apr 2012 10:58AM GMT
I purchased this SW several months ago and have had nothing but problems since installing to my MAC currently on MAC OS X 10.7.3. When first installing it was fine. I manage 2 Ancestry online trees and planned to use FTM2 primarily for the chart and report features and make all my changes in Ancestry; both my trees imported and sync'd in FTM2, it all went fine for a few days then problems. After a successful sync in FTM 2 as indicated by the message, however the status indicated my online tree's and FTM2 where not sync'd yet the message indicated the sync was successful.
I broke the link using tree settings in Ancestry and then deleted my 2 trees from FTM2 successfully. I then re imported the 2 trees from Ancestry again and the Sync worked. A week later same problem; after what appeared to be a successful sync message showed both trees had changes that were not sync'd.
I contacted Ancestry who responded that I could have had a bad install of FTM 2 on my MAC, I backed up my Ancestry tree and FTM 2 trees and went through the uninstall and reinstall of the SW no issues. I then imported the trees to FTM 2 from Ancestry and sync was working I was feeling good getting through a whole 7 days then 15 days and yesterday same problems again.
I am sure this is a SW problem and not FFS (fat finger syndrome) message boards seem to indicate some problems out there but mainly with windows versions.
I welcome constructive feedback, meantime I will park the issue and not use Sync rather I will use FTM 2 as an additional backup by importing online trees when i need to run new reports.

Update 17 April. When opening FTM 2 this morning the message indicated that neither of my Ancestry Trees were linked with in FT. The Web Dashboard told a different story indicating the both trees were linked. The only was to fix this is to break the link via Ancestry 'Tree Settings' and to relink the trees.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
brnn69 13 Apr 2012 5:43PM GMT 
Dan Duffy 18 Apr 2012 5:45AM GMT 
brnn69 18 Apr 2012 7:31AM GMT 
rpal20001 21 Apr 2012 6:05PM GMT 
Richard Dillo... 29 May 2012 3:46AM GMT 
rpal20001 4 Jun 2012 10:46AM GMT 
Henderson_Eri... 12 Jun 2012 9:26AM GMT 
brnn69 12 Jun 2012 8:35PM GMT 
millikan_baug... 13 Jun 2012 5:35PM GMT 
wehenley 9 Jul 2012 8:35AM GMT 
per page