Search for content in message boards

Henry DOYLE - watchmaker - possibly from Dublin or Belfast

Replies: 6

Henry DOYLE - watchmaker - possibly from Dublin or Belfast

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 7:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DOYLE, GALBRAITHE, ROBINET
I am looking for anyone that might know or have a connection to the DOYLE family, possibly of Dublin or Belfast.

I am looking for information on a Henry DOYLE (he was a watchmaker) and his family. I know he had one daughter Emily Jane, born March 23, 1833. Emily was my 2x great grandmother. I have very little information to help identify them. I have heard that Emily was born in Belfast but the 1901 census has her born in Dublin. Other than the fact that Henry was a watchmaker I know nothing about him. Emily married Charles ROBINET in 1867, (Castlemacadam, County Wicklow). In the family there is mention of a Margaret DOYLE, so, I don’t know if that might have been Henry’s wife or maybe a sister to Emily... But, there again, that is all I have about Margaret, just a mention of the name. I do have copies of the marriage for Emily and Charles and I have a copy of Emily’s death in 1907. I also have the names of who appear to be very close friends of Emily’s in Dublin. Their names were Charlotte GALBRAITHE, Rose GALBRAITHE and Anna Maria GALBRAITHE (they appear to be sisters) all of 23 Waterloo Rd, Dublin. I have obtained their names through some medical records. It is from these certificates, medical records and some family stories that I have the scant information listed above.

Thank you for any guidance/help anyone may be able to give to me locating the Henry DOYLE family.

Sharon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
momtojjz 29 Nov 2012 2:36PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 30 Nov 2012 2:15PM GMT 
momtojjz 30 Nov 2012 4:04PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 7 Dec 2012 3:51PM GMT 
momtojjz 11 Dec 2012 8:20PM GMT 
downeye200283 18 Jul 2013 2:37PM GMT 
momtojjz 19 Jul 2013 4:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions