Search for content in message boards

Help interpretting this Nordland, Norway birth record?

Replies: 2

Help interpretting this Nordland, Norway birth record?

Posted: 3 Oct 2010 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for some help interpreting all the information available from this birth record in Buksnes, Nordland, Norway.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20050420020626....

The record of interest is line 10 on the left, Marcus Benoni Pettersen. It looks like he was born 15 May 1820, and in the next column he was baptised on the 28 May 1820. What about the "confirmerch i _odik den 2 s e Trinch" (trinity?).

In the next column, the parents are strange. It looks like it says "Moderen enken Maren Hoyer indlagde __ Bornefader Petter Boeberg en gammel _____ _____".

Moderen and Bornefader are mother and father (Maren Hoyer and Petter Boeberg)...but doesn't "Enke" means "widow"...does that mean this Petter Boeberg was dead by the time his son was born? Or am I interpretting this stuff wrong? And I am totally NOT used to not having patronymic names for parents in my other Norwegian birth records research...are "Hoyer" and "Boeberg" farm names, or actual patronymic names?

Also, what is the number page "644" mean? And in the (I think) extra comments field of the birth record, I see the word Boeberg again...what is that indicating?

THANK YOU so much for any help you can give me...

Rob Williams
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
seele01 3 Oct 2010 5:43PM GMT 
thoraway 4 Oct 2010 1:22PM GMT 
kim_unstad 11 Mar 2013 7:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic