Search for content in message boards

Bellyachin' and Questions - FTM 2012

Replies: 6

Bellyachin' and Questions - FTM 2012

Posted: 6 May 2013 11:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 May 2013 11:31PM GMT
1) Anybody know why Ancestry adds numbers...like (3)or(8)...to a file name that is unique like that of the only WWI Record for that person? It is a pain to keep taking them off. For something like having two pictures of the same gravestone using the same file name, I can see the necessity, but not otherwise.

2) Or why after years of the stupid script errors do we still have to put up with them?...totally unacceptable!

3) How to save media window size that opens when one wishes to select an existing media item to occupy the favored space on the Family page, top of the right panel. I keep making the selection window wide and the next time it gets reset again to about 4".

4) Why for 2 years are the City Directories marked as 'Beta'? Will some wonderful change be made soon that perhaps allows one to save the address and occupation as well as the actual year? I tire of removing the designation 'Beta' and manually adding the essential info that makes this data useful.

5) I have 'Residence Facts' set for 3 lines (to include Description) but neither merge nor screen clipping/grabbing utilizes 3 lines for Residence so I have to tack on whatever decription I want to the place and then correct the place errors later. Irritating!

There is a sixth one, but I can't read my notes. No matter, we are supposed to put only one issue to a post anyway. Mostly I am just sounding off and realize that all this should go to the programming team, but I don't seem to get very far with them.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rgaddis 7 May 2013 5:27AM GMT 
bojangles2_1 7 May 2013 11:41AM GMT 
duffwilson 9 May 2013 5:04PM GMT 
rgaddis 9 May 2013 5:28PM GMT 
lbragg 9 May 2013 5:33PM GMT 
jamclo 10 May 2013 2:01AM GMT 
jnye042 11 May 2013 2:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions