KAINE, William E. and Mary Lillian (Pond) Kaine

Replies: 19

Kaine/Edwards

Donna (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2006 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Kane, Edwards, Pond
Dear Lynn and Nancy, I have a family tree book on the Kaine's, Blair's, and Gibsons, just to name a few. Nancy I got your e-mail and will call again when you are home. Aunt Jenny's daughter, cousin Barb has the same book. So give her a call I'm sure she would let you borrow it. The family tree has been done and should be exsessable via the mormon geneological librairy in Utah. Some cousin of ours registered it there. Now Lynn I have some good news and some bad news for you. Your Aunt had two half sisters and a half brother. Lena Pond, I don't know her married name was a nurse and lived in Victoria. She died about eight years ago. Mary Pond the second girl lived in Edison Alberta and was an artist. She passed away three years ago. She was 88 yrs. My mom is first cousin to them and knew Mary very well and visited her on several occassions. The boy died in an accident at the age of 21. I am second cousin to your Aunt, Nancy is third cousin to her. I talked to my mom on the weekend and told her of the latest new addition to the family and she was thrilled. She said if your Aunt, my mom's cousin would like to correspond with her she would love to hear from her. Of course it will have to be by mail because my mom's computer illiterate. She lives in Montreal, Quebec. I on the other hand live right next door to you in the land of the living skies, or so our license plates say in Saskatchewan. I would gladly give you any information that I have. Sorry I can't remember the last names of the sisters I'll have to look it up in the book again or ask my mom. I know your Aunt's grandmothers last name was Rice. My mom said if Mary (your Aunt's half sister) were alive she would have embraced her with open arms. Mary was a wonderful person. My mom has a painting that Mary painted. My cousin Karen Blair in Toronto helped to research a good portion of the family tree. I met her by phone last year and we talked for two or three hours. She is a lovely person and please don't ask me how she's related to us I can't remember off the top of my head,Ha,Ha. Anyway she's related to both of you I just can't think of the connection. Nancy your grandmother my Aunt Marg was my favorite Aunt on my mom's side. When I was little and we used to go to N.B. she would steal me away from my mom and dad and take me to Minto and spoil me rotten. The last time I saw you you were maybe two years old. You were the cutest little girl, oh but time flies you're all grown up now. I said to your mom saturday night where did the time go. Well girls I have a night class at the university so I had better get my butt in gear or I'll be late. Take care hope to hear from both of you again. Love Donna P.S. Nancy if Barb can't find the book, Uncle David and Aunt Betty have one and the Holland side were supposed to start working on the Holland family tree last spring. Ask Uncle David he was the one that told me about it.See Ya
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lynn 2 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
sholland56 3 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
PBPond 3 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Lynn 14 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
allisin Ellio... 7 Nov 2012 9:12AM GMT 
Charrie59 9 Nov 2012 10:57PM GMT 
Nancy 13 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Donna 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
per page